The University of Arizona’s 68th annual Band Day is back

After nearly two years since some marching bands stepped off the competitive field, the Fred Fox School of Music and the Pride of Arizona Marching Band are hosting the 68th annual University of Arizona Band Day Saturday, Oct. 30.

RELATED: Fall activities in Tucson for Halloween and beyond

Band Days are notable events across the high school competitive marching band scene, and the UA’s is no exception. Bands in all divisions from across southern Arizona will be traveling to Tucson to compete inside Arizona Stadium from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. in front of expert judges. These judges will score based on musical presentation, visual execution and overall performance. For many bands, this is a chance to receive feedback and praise on shows they have been working on since before the pandemic.

To top it all off, at the conclusion of the morning and afternoon sessions, the Pride of Arizona under the direction of assistant professor Chad Shoopman will be putting on their long awaited performance, featuring the music of Panic! At the Disco. 

RELATED: An inside view of the UA school of dance: alumni and current students talk

Tickets are available now on the Fred Fox School of Music website, with general admission being $12, with UA employee, student, military and senior admission being $10. Additionally, a digital program of all competing marching bands is viewable for the public ahead of the event.

*The Daily Wildcat will be following the events of Band Day throughout the day, with more updates to come.

Follow Avery Martinez on Twitter