Revival Salon Spa: A new beginning in Tucson’s beauty salon scene

Revival Salon Spa located in Catalina Foothills. Photo courtesy of Giuseppe DeMasi. 

In the spring of 2021, Corrine Lynch had a vision to open her own beauty salon. On May 1, her vision came to life, Revival Salon Spa was born.

Lynch is a Tucson native who has worked in the hair industry for 18 years. During the COVID-19 lockdown, Lynch was able to step back and reassess what she wanted to do with her professional career.  She decided to open her own salon with the intention of educating others and giving back to the Tucson beauty salon community. 

“It is a new beginning for me, and it is a fresh start for the customers that come in and get their hair done as well. That really is how this started, it is so incredible,” Lynch said. 

Lynch remarked that her staff is highly qualified for the job, which makes Revival stand out from other salons in Tucson. 

“I think our staff is amazing at dialing back and giving quality service, we don’t overlap customers,” Lynch said. “Being at Revival is much more of an experience rather than just being rushed in and out the door.”

RELATED: The last Summer Night Market of the year at MSA Annex

In addition to managing a full-service salon, Lynch works hard to make sure her staff is trained and educated on all hair types. Therefore, Revival stylists know how to cut, color and treat all hair types ensuring every customer’s hair type is acknowledged.     

“We are very universal, Tucson, tends to cater to one type of hair, but we specialize in more than just one type of hair. We have specialists that can help with an array of backgrounds,” Lynch said.      

Giancarlo Console, a Revival stylist, became a hairstylist 25 years ago in Italy. Console has helped shape Revival by adding his own touches along the way. 

“My passion started as a child, watching my mom’s hairstylist create magic with her hair and I said ‘I want to be like this guy,'” Console said. 

After working for 17 years in the same salon in Tucson, Console felt the need to continue elevating his art craft in the beauty industry and Revival would be a good change for him.

“My favorite aspect of working at Revival is being surrounded by the talented and passionate team and a beautiful ambiance,” Console said. 

Front desk and waiting area of Revival Salon Spa. Photo courtesy by Giuseppe DeMasi. 

RELATED: Tucson Pride Parade and Festival is canceled

Erin Wells, a nail tech at Revival, became a nail tech after high school to pay for college. She graduated from the University of Arizona in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. After college she decided to continue he career as a nail tech.

“I really enjoyed what I was doing and after more than 25 years I’m still loving it,” Wells said.

“I became a nail tech after high-school to put myself through college. I was graduated from the UA in 1998, but after college I decided to continue my career as a nail tech because I really enjoyed what I was doing. Now, after more than 25 years I’m still loving it,” Wells said. 

Similar to Console, Wells remarked her excitement to work at Revival and how special it has been to watch it grow. 

“My favorite aspect of working at Revival is absolutely everything. The location, the beautiful salon itself, the wonderful clients and of course my amazing talented dedicated coworkers. They really are the best,” Wells said.

Interior of Revival Salon Spa. Photo courtesy by Giuseppe DeMasi. 

RELATED: Mask mandates, testing and vaccines: How the fall semester is looking for the University of Arizona

Araceli Llanas currently works as an esthetician at another salon in Tucson. On Oct. 1, she will start working at Revival. Llanas earned her cosmetology license and has experience with hair, nails, makeup and waxing.   

Llanas is looking forward to working with Revival, she states the team is very family oriented, very talented, and professional. Also, many of the current Revival employees are friends she grew up with and have been mentors for her.

“I chose Revival because it is the most positive salon you could walk into. Everyone is always on their best A-game, the salon is just absolutely beautiful and clean, and I want to be somewhere the guests could also feel that,” Llanas said.

As Revival continues to grow, these employees said they hope to see students and other members of the community join them. 

Revival is located at 5575 E. River Rd. Suite 141 and it opens from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed Sundays.  

Follow Madison Beveridge Twitter