Quick Hits

Students to perform play written, directed by UA prof

“”Vete, Que Te Quiero, Vete,”” a play written by a UA professor, will be performed by UA students tonight.

The work was inspired by events that occurred during the past year in a city in southeast France not far from the Spanish border, where a wide variety of communities live close to one another.

The play will be performed in Spanish by professor Ana Perches’ class, Spanish 446.

The last showing is today in the auditorium of the Social Sciences building from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The play is free to the public, but it is not recommended for children because of certain violent scenes.

Info session for pre-med Latino students today

Latino pre-medical students can attend an informational meeting today to help them with getting into medical school.

The Latino Medical School Association’s Mentorship Program has organized a session for Latino students to meet current medical students and community physicians who can help them apply to medical school.

The meeting will have free food and will take place in the CǸsar E. Chǭvez building, Room 217.

Day to bring children to work sees changes from last year

UA faculty, staff and students can bring their families to campus today for “”Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.””

The theme is a change from previous years, when it was called “”Daughters on Campus Day.””

The Commission on the Status of Women is not sponsoring any events this year, but other departments may organize their own activities.

“”This format encourages department-based activities designed for children of employees, which focus on the purpose of the unit and the importance of staff and faculty contributions,”” according to a statement on the commission’s Web site.

CSW members are planning for family-related programs for next year.