Quick Hits

Health professions internship applications due next week

For students looking for a quality clinical experience that explores the relationships through culture, language and health care and earn college credit while doing it can apply for the F.A.C.E.S. Internship for fall and summer 2006 internships.

F.A.C.E.S. is an acronym for Fostering and Achieving Cultural Equity and Sensitivity in the Health Professions.

Applications are available at the Pre-health Office in the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 103, the Office of Minority Affairs in the College of Medicine and at www.ahsc.arizona.edu/multiculturalaffairs.

Application materials are due March 10 at 5 p.m.

For more information about the internship, contact Claudia Garcia, 621-5530 or e-mail garciacl@email.arizona.edu.

Women’s health conference fees will increase

Fees for the first interdisciplinary women’s health conference at the UA will increase later this week.

The cost for participants who register by Wednesday is $60 for the general public and $30 for students. After Wednesday, the cost increases to $85 for the public and $40 for students. The conference is April 1 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Marriott University Park, 880 E. Second St.

Visit http://sirow.web.arizona.edu for a conference agenda, a list of speakers and to register online.

For more information, call Pat Manning, UA Southwest Institute for Research on Women, at 621-7338 or e-mail at pmanning@email.arizona.edu.