Datebook

• Career counseling. Learn the most effective strategies for finding a job or career-related experience. 10 a.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Career discussion. Enjoy pizza and a panel discussion about careers in social services and education. Noon. Free. SUMC, Rincon Room
  • Music. KAMP Student Radio will be on the UA Mall for your aural enjoyment. Noon
  • Lecture. In celebration of women’s history month, Julian Kunnie will lecture and discuss globalization and marginalization of poor women in the world, particularly how women are impoverished by the United States’ capitalistic practices. Noon. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 411
  • Speaker series. President Peter Likins will speak about the importance of knowledge when working with a global economy and the effects of a government that undervalues its people. Noon to 1 p.m. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Lecture. Visiting law professor Marc Miller will speak about the impacts that Booker and Blakely (both recent cases) have had on federal and state sentencing. 12:25 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law, Room 146
  • Lecture. Johnny Hsieh, recipient of this year’s The Professor Leon and Pauline Blitzer Award for Excellence in Teaching of Physics and Related Sciences award, will give a public lecture titled “”Helos has his limits: a space odyssey.”” 3 p.m., reception from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. SUMC, Santa Rita Room
  • Banquet. The 12th Annual Hunger Banquet sponsors this free dinner with a look at hunger and what can be done to combat it in the community. Nonperishable food donations are appreciated and will benefit the Tucson Community Food Bank. 6 p.m. SUMC, Tucson Room
  • Concert. The University of Arizona Wind Ensemble, under the direction of Gregg Hanson, will feature two major symphonies. 7:30 p.m. Free. Music building, Crowder Hall