Christmas takes over Old Tucson

Old Tucson Studios’ first Christmas-themed event, Yuletide, runs through Dec. 24 at the west side Old West-themed park. 

The Yuletide experience highlights the unique Wild West history of Arizona that Old Tucson Studios is known for while incorporating a unique Christmas-themed twist with shows, attractions and activities for the whole family.

Old Tucson is known for its Halloween event, Nightfall, which returned earlier this year after COVID-19 restrictions put the event on pause for two years. Yuletide is the venue’s first time tackling Christmas as a theme and employees said they are looking forward to having something new in the works.

“I’m super excited to finally have something fresh at Old Tucson,” said former Old Tucson Nightfall employee Yesenia Reyes. “[There’s] something about Christmas-themed events that just feel so warm and cozy.”

Some of the featured attractions include:

La Capilla — A trail lit up by traditional Mexican luminaries leads to the Mission at the northeast end of Old Tucson. Follow the trail and find the Christmas tree.

Hayrides — Horse-drawn wagons take guests into the desert for a lit up experience while stopping at Old Tucson’s High Chaparral, the Mayor’s house and the first “electrically-decorated” house in town. 

Krampus Koal Mine — Krampus has a plan to ruin Christmas and has taken over the Iron Mine. Help save Santa Claus and enter this fun, spooky experience. 

Yuletide will run at Old Tucson Studios, 201 Kinney Road, through Christmas Eve. Tickets are booked using a timed entry system beginning at 4 p.m. daily, making for a smoother experience for everyone. Standard pricing is $35 for adults, $30 for kids and free through age four. Premium tickets are $40 to $45 and are available on select dates. Tickets are available at etix.com. For more information visit Old Tucson Studios at yuletideaz.com.

*El Inde Arizona is a news service of the University of Arizona School of Journalism. 

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter