Police Beat

A student’s vehicle was damaged by an unknown person in the parking lot south of Sky View Residence Hall, 1050 E. Eighth St., reports stated.

The student said she parked her vehicle around 9 p.m. Jan. 30. She found circular scratches on the car and a hole in one of the rear plastic windows when she returned to the vehicle at about 4:20 p.m. Jan. 31.

Police reviewed surveillance footage of the parking lot, which showed an unknown person park a car in the lot and stand in front of the student’s vehicle for a few minutes between 4:28 a.m. and 4:33 a.m., Jan. 31.

The video was not able to show what the person was doing while standing next to the student’s vehicle.

The student did not know of anyone who drove a vehicle that matched the description of the one driven by the person on the surveillance camera.

A student was assaulted at Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall, 922 E. Fourth St., Jan. 31, reports stated.

The student told police she received a call to her cell phone from two women who were once friends of hers while she was driving back to the residence hall that night.

She said the women said they were driving behind her and told her to stop her car and get out. They continued calling her cell phone and told her to “”back off”” from a male friend she knew.

She then called her roommate and told her about the calls as she was driving to the residence. She parked and got out of her car at the residence hall, where her roommate and three other friends were waiting.

The two women from the car behind her also parked their car and walked up to the student, she said.

The student and her four friends said one of the women pushed the student and yelled threats at her. The other woman also pushed the student to provoke a fight, she said.

Both of the women got back into the car and left. The student said she didn’t want to pursue criminal charges against the women.

Two students were cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., Jan. 30, reports stated.

A resident assistant in Coronado reported smelling burning marijuana coming from one of the rooms.

When police arrived, the student allowed them into the room and said he had smoked marijuana outside and sprayed air freshener to cover the smell.

He said he had just bought 3 grams of marijuana from a friend who lived in Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., for $20. He also had a glass pipe, a metal pipe and rolling papers in his room.

Police went to the other student’s room and told him they were told he had sold marijuana to another student.

The student said he had given the marijuana to the student but didn’t sell it. Police told him they would review a surveillance camera of the incident, and the student said he had sold the marijuana for $20.

He showed police two baggies containing marijuana, a metal grinder, a scale, rolling papers and a pipe that were in his room. He told police he usually doesn’t sell marijuana but did it as a favor.

Both students were cited and released.

A student was cited for underage drinking at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive., Jan. 24, reports stated.

A police officer saw the student using the wall to balance himself as he was walking to the men’s restroom around 7:04 p.m.

The police officer noticed the student also had slurred speech and his breath smelled like alcohol.

The student told police he was under 21 years old and also gave police a flask that contained rum.

The student was cited and ejected from McKale Center.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu