Best places to get sushi in Tucson

Tucson is lucky to have many different sushi restaurants. Even in the middle of the desert, Tucsonans are still able to enjoy the traditional Japanese dish. Here are a few of the top sushi restaurants in Tucson:

1. Yoshimatsu – 2660 N. Campbell Ave.

Yoshimatsu prides itself on being a healthy Japanese eatery, which rings true for many of its delectable dishes. While serving traditional Japanese dishes such as tempura and yaki soba, Yoshimatsu also offers diners the option of a carefully crafted sushi list with multiple variations. The teriyaki chicken sushi roll, the caterpillar roll and the veggie fried rice are all good options.

2. Ra Sushi Bar Restaurant- 2905 E. Skyline Drive #289

Ra Sushi is a fairly popular restaurant to Tucson natives. It boasts an impressive list of interesting and fresh takes on the traditional sushi roll. Some interesting rolls include the Crazy Monkey Roll and the Scallop Dynamite Roll. Located in the upscale La Encantada, it is a great sushi restaurant to go to after a day of shopping.

3. Sushi On Oracle – 6449 N. Oracle Road

Sushi On Oracle is a quaint and cozy restaurant that is located on the northern side of Tucson. Since it is a family-owned restaurant, it feels very friendly and personal. The staff is pleasant and the food is good and fresh, at an affordable price.

4. QQ Revolving – 1011 N. Tyndall Ave. #171

Most notably the newest addition to the many sushi restaurants in Tucson, QQ Revolving sits under Hub at Tucson. Instead of ordering off a menu, people have the option of picking their dishes off a moving conveyer belt with pictures of sushi rolls and other dishes.

5. Sushi Garden – 3048 E. Broadway Blvd.

Sushi Garden entices people with its all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. It offers an extensive sushi menu. In addition to sushi rolls, it also serves an assortment of noodles, chicken and rice. Sushi Garden has a cool ambiance in a trendy part of Tucson.

Follow Chloe Durand on Twitter.