Calendar: Wildcat week for June 30-July 6

Wednesday, June 30

Check out the first performance of “”the greatest show on Earth.”” The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus are in town until July 4, featuring 130 performers at the Tucson Convention Center. 260 S. Church Ave. 7 p.m. Admission is $10.75 on opening night, $17.95 after Wednesday. 791-4101. www.tucsonaz.gov/tcc

Thursday, July 1

Get to The Loft Cinema for your last chance to see “”Best Worst Movie,”” a documentary about the 1990 horror film “”Troll 2,””  its surprising cult following and the people who made it. Rated PG. 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. 10 p.m. Admission is $8.75 or $6.50 for students. 795-0844. www.loftcinema.com

Friday, July 2

Use “”the farce”” on a galactic journey with Duke Starfighter in “”Space Wars,”” put on by the Gaslight Theatre. Order dinner from the Gaslight’s menu while you enjoy the show. 7010 E. Broadway Blvd. 6:30 and 9 p.m. Admission is $17.95 for adults, $15.95 for students and $7.95 for children 12 and under. 886-9428. www.thegaslighttheatre.com

Saturday, July 3

Avoid victims of vampire fever at the movies by seeing “”The Big Sleep,”” a part of the “”Mystery and Murder at the Fox!”” series at the Fox Theatre. The 1946 whodunit classic stars private detective Phillip Marlowe (Humphrey Bogart) and love interest Vivian Rutledge (Lauren Bacall). 17 W. Congress St.

7:30 p.m. Admission is $8 and $6 for students. 624-1515. www.foxtucsontheatre.org

Sunday, July 4

Grab a hot dog while you watch the Tucson Toros play the Yuma Scorpions this week. Enjoy the Independence Day fireworks show over Hi Corbett Field after the game. 3400 E. Camino Campestre. 7 p.m. General admission is $6. 327-9467. www.tucsontoros.com

Monday, July 5

Stroll through the Botanical Gardens’ new exhibit, “”Hot Wings,”” to see a collection of butterfly species native to Arizona that is housed in the outdoor gardens. 2150 N. Alvernon Way. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. General admission is $7 and $3 for children, ages 4 to 12. 326-9686. www.tucsonbotanical.org

Tuesday, July 6

The Beowulf Alley Theatre presents its “”Old Time Radio Theatre”” program every first and third Tuesday of each month. The program consists of live family-friendly performances of classic radio shows. 11 S. Sixth Ave. 7 p.m. Admission is $8. 882-0555. www.beowulfalley.org

— Kristina Bui