Briefs: Dean arrested for misconduct involving weapons

Colin Darland
Gordon Bates / Arizona Daily Wildcat The Wildcats took on the Washington State Cougars Saturday November 7, 2009 at Arizona Stadium. Score at the half: Arizona 34, WSU 0

Wildcat receiver suspended indefinitely

Arizona football receiver Delashaun Dean was cited for misconduct involving weapons in a report filed Saturday, according to public records.

He has been suspended indefinitely, according to a release from Arizona head football coach Mike Stoops.

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wideout grabbed 42 passes for 396 yards during the Wildcats’ 2009 Pacific Life Holiday run. Dean was expected to be one of the Wildcats’ top receivers going into the 2009-10 season but battled injuries throughout the season.

Two UA football players on watch list for end-of-year awards

Junior cornerback Trevin Wade has been named to the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which is given to the nation’s top defensive player. Wade had nine career interceptions in his first two years as a Wildcat.

Senior center Colin Baxter also made a pre-season watch list for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation’s top interior lineman. The last UA player to win the award was defensive tackle Rob Waldrop in 1993.

Baxter was a second team All-Pacific-10 conference selection in 2009.

Track participates in the USA Track and Field championships

Arizona track and field is done with its season, but a few of the Wildcats were selected to participate in the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships today at Drake Stadium in Des Moines, Iowa.

The athletes selected were senior high jumper Liz Patterson, freshman high jumper Brigetta Barrett, junior Christina Rodgers, redshirt freshman Georganne Moline and freshman Nick Ross.