Date Book

WEDNESDAY, JULY 16:

Today is the last day to register for classes for Summer Session II. Call 621-3432 for more information.

Forty-eight Arizona high school students are learning about careers in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and biomedical research at UA’s 16th annual MEDCAMP, July 14-17, at the Arizona Health Sciences Center.

The students were nominated by their high schools to take part in this free “”mini-medical school,”” where they will explore a virtual autopsy, work with epidemiologists and take tours of the health sciences center, among other opportunities.

THURSDAY, JULY 17

You talkin’ to me: conflict management: Conflict that smolders behind the scenes can be divisive and destructive. Learn how to minimize conflict, address it effectively and learn from it when appropriate. For all UA employees from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Call 621-7701 for more information.

MONDAY, JULY 21

Archaeology Summer Camp for Adults: The Arizona State Museum is the state’s official repository for all archaeological materials uncovered on public lands. Learn, through hands-on work, how objects are in-processed, accessioned, recorded, packaged and stored. Admission is $300 per person. Camp runs today through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Call 626-8381 for more information.