To get you through the weekend …

Thursday, Sept. 2

Santa Cruz River Farmers’ Market

Not only this week, but every Thursday until December, the Santa Cruz River Farmer’s Market is the place to go for locally grown and homemade products. Featuring fruits, vegetables, eggs, herbs, plants and baked goods, the farmer’s market is a truly unique event in Tucson. Eating Well magazine has rated this particular market among the top ten farmer’s markets in the country for its great quality, affordable prices and nutritious products.

Northeast Corner of Speedway

and Riverview boulevards

4-7 p.m., Free

Deadstring Brothers and Gila Bend, live music at Plush

Hailing from Detroit, Mich., Deadstring Brothers are known for their contemporary rock songs and exciting live shows. Their music pays tribute to the Rolling Stones and is also influenced by The Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes and The Mother Hips. Paired with Deadstring Brothers is Tucson’s own group Gila Bend, who are known by the locals for pairing honky tonk country with heavy metal sounds. Plush is known for their quality drinks, comfy feel and 1960s atmosphere, so it’s sure to be a good time.

Plush

Southwest corner of 4th Avenue and 6th Street

9:30 p.m.-midnight, $7

Friday, Sept. 3

DV8’s Friday Nights

Every Friday, DV8 nightclub hosts an unforgettable party. DJ Blade spins music live, combining the top 40, hip hop and dance. Ladies and military enter free before 10 p.m., and drink specials start at just $1. Dress code prohibits sagging clothes, hats and solid colored t-shirts, so bring your A-game — especially since there’s a best dressed contest. Five ladies will win $500. DV8 hosts some of the only 18+ club events around, and it’s sure to be a hotspot this weekend.

DV8

5851 E. Speedway Blvd.

9 p.m.-2 a.m., $5

Saturday Sept. 4

Vinyl Revival 2010 at Hotel Congress

The fourth annual record revival at Hotel Congress is Arizona’s largest independent record fair. This year, it will be featured as a part of Club Congress’ 25th anniversary party, which showcases an exciting combination of local and national musicians. The sale itself hopes to revive vinyl through some of the best bands in Tucson’s history, so it promises to be a hotspot for record enthusiasts from all walks of life. The record fair is free to the public, although you may also be interested in paying to attend the show at Club Congress while you’re there.

Club Congress

311 E. Congress St.

9 a.m.-3 p.m., Free

Sunday, Sept. 5

Tucson Motor Show

The Tucson Motor Show is one of the largest events for motor enthusiasts in Southern Arizona, expecting to bring in over 10,000 visitors this weekend. It features hundreds of cars and demonstrations, with over three hundred classic and antique cars, trucks and motorcycles. The show also promotes auto collecting, custom painting and renovating. It runs on Saturday from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

Tucson Convention Center

260 S. Church Ave.

10 a.m.-5 p.m., $6

Summerhaven’s Music on the Mountain series

Bring your lawn chairs and blankets, Summerhaven’s Music on the Mountain series has reached its final performance. Come experience live music in a beautiful location as the Live Acoustic Venue Association brings you a peaceful afternoon and outdoor music experience. This week is the last Sunday to check out the nine-week tour, as Music on the Mountain concludes with the band Chuck Wagon and the Wheels, a fun-loving group of Arizona natives who’ve been making swinging country music for over 30 years.

Summerhaven

12901 N. Sabino Canyon Parkway

1-5 p.m., Free