Police Beat

A student was cited for underage drinking at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, Feb. 17, reports stated.

Event staff noticed a drunken man outside the Zona Zoo entrance on the northwest side of McKale Center at 9:15 a.m.

A police officer noticed the student was swaying three to five inches from left to right while he stood. He also had red, watery eyes and smelled like alcohol.

He was cited and released.

A man called police because he was concerned about public health and safety at the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., Feb. 17, reports stated.

He told police he was upset because no one was at the library information desk to stop a man who had urine on his pants from entering the building when it opened at 9 a.m.

He said he waited 20 minutes for library staff to get to the desk. A staff member then asked the man with urine on his pants to leave the library until he could clean himself up, and the man left.

The man was upset the staff member confronted the man with urine but did not remove the chair the man had been sitting on.

The staff member gave the man contact information to file a complaint but he was still upset and decided to call 911 at the staff member’s suggestion.

A man was cited and released for underage drinking at McKale Center at 10:15 a.m. Feb. 17.

The man was standing on a railing and yelling at a UCLA fan. A police officer asked the man to sit down and the man said, “”Tell (the UCLA fan) to sit down.””

The officer noticed the man had red, watery eyes and smelled like alcohol. The man admitted to having one sip of alcohol.

He was cited, released and escorted outside of McKale Center.

A man reported being assaulted by members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity while he was at their fraternity house, 1509 E. Second St., at 1:09 a.m. Feb. 16, reports stated.

The man, who was an alumnus of the fraternity, went in the house at 12:30 a.m. to “”hang out.””

He told police he sat on a couch and had several beers before he was struck from behind. He said about five men dragged him from the couch by the arms and told him to prove he was an alumnus by showing them his picture in one of the photographs in the house.

He said he did so and was slapped by one of the members and thrown out of the house.

One of the fraternity members told police another member told him the alumnus was throwing beers around the room. The member said he approached the alumnus and asked for his name and where he was from.

The alumnus said he was “”giving him shit.”” The fraternity member told him no one knew who he was and asked him to show them his picture on one of the fraternity’s composite pictures.

He said the alumnus pointed out his picture, then said, “”Yeah, that’s me,”” and punched one of the fraternity members in the face.

The fraternity members got him on the ground and the alumnus said, “”This place has changed.”” The members then led him out of the house.

No arrests were made, and no other witnesses were available to confirm either story.

A man and woman were cited for underage drinking at 11:40 p.m. Feb. 16, reports stated.

A police officer saw a man and woman walking eastbound on East First Street at North Martin Avenue. The woman was carrying a pair of high-heeled shoes, and she dropped them on the street.

When she tried to pick them up she stumbled and fell forward. The man then tried to pick up the shoes. When he leaned over to pick them up, he stumbled and fell backwards.

Both continued walking and were tripping over their own feet. When the officer went to speak with them, they said they were OK and wanted to continue walking.

They had red, watery eyes, slurred speech and smelled like alcohol.

Both admitted to drinking alcohol and being under 21. They were cited for underage drinking, and the officer drove them home.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu