Celebrate the holidays with the Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair and Christmas performances around town

Rebecca Noble
Rebecca Noble / The Daily Wildcat Beatrice and Carlos Vidal look at the assortment of trees on Wednesday, December 3rd at the Buckelew Christmas Tree Lot on the corner of Campbell and Broadway.

There is no denying that the holiday season brings a distinct feeling of joy, love and fun that is enhanced by festivals and carol singing. Tucson has something festive for everyone, from various performances by popular theaters around town to Fourth Avenue’s Winter Street Fair.

Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair:

The fair, running Friday, Dec. 9, to Sunday, Dec. 11, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., is taking place “along Fourth Avenue in the Heart of Tucson, between Ninth Street and University Boulevard,” according to its website.

Shuttles will stop to pick up and drop off people at Main Gate Square on University Boulevard and the north entrance of the fair.

RELATEDThe annual Zoo Lights event season returns to Reid Park Zoo

True Concord Voices and Orchestra performing “Christmas Lessons and Carols by Candlelight”

For its 13th season, True Concord will perform “Christmas Lessons and Carols by Candlelight,” a community-oriented event where nuance is expressed through candlelight and the audience caroling with the performers.

“This program tends to be a favorite with our audiences,” said music director Eric Holtan. “The performing spaces are small, so there is an intimacy to the setting which is enhanced by the candlelight and audience participation.”

This event, which runs from Thursday, Dec. 8, to Sunday, Dec. 11, provides locations, times and tickets online.

RELATEDReview: ‘The Sound of Music’s’ strong vocals captivated Centennial Hall’s audience on opening night

Tucson Symphony Orchestra performing “Messiah:”

The TSO will be conducting a performance of “Messiah,” with performances including some multi-degree students from across the country, according to the press release.

Steven Fox will conduct the orchestra, chorus and four soloists.

Tickets are available for purchase online.

There will be two showings of TSO’s “Messiah;” one will be Saturday, Dec. 10, at 4:00 p.m. and the other Sunday, Dec. 11, at 2:00 p.m., both at Catalina Foothills High School.

Follow Elizabeth Quinlan on Twitter.