Who’s been hogging the headlines?

The past school year has been a hectic one for all, with busy school schedules, working to make ends meet and trying to keep up with the latest celebrity gossip – it’s enough to make your head spin. Here’s a list of a few celebrities who have been hogging the headlines:

Adoption is so “”in”” right now, and that makes at least one trend that has a point. Madonna is currently going through the process of adopting a child named David from Malawi. Angelina Jolie added to her family this year by adopting a little boy she named Pax from Vietnam.

Paula Abdul is becoming a nut-job, to give it to you straight. We all thought dancing with a cartoon cat in her 1989 music video “”Opposites Attract”” was strange enough, until she was seen slurring her speech and having trouble sitting up straight during televised interviews about “”American Idol”” auditions. Abdul, who has consistently denied using any drugs, claimed that her odd behavior was due to extreme fatigue. I’m gullible, so I’ll buy that; when I get really tired I get delirious and add on 15 years, and I’m sure I’d be swaying, too.

Three days after Anna Nicole Smith gave birth to her daughter, Dannielynn, Anna Nicole’s 20-year-old son, Daniel, was found dead due to an apparent drug overdose. Six months later Anna Nicole was also found dead. The news coverage of Anna Nicole’s cause of death and subsequent custody battles was constant and eventually we found out that Dannielynn was the daughter of actor Larry Birkhead. Within six months America lost all but one member of the Smith clan as we knew it, but it was just another news story for a public that is used to its most eccentric and popular celebrities checking out early.

Britney Spears had a pretty interesting year: With recent motherhood, partying without panties, rehab and shaving her head, you could say she’s having a midlife crisis. Or maybe she’s just trying to find out where she belongs in this crazy world where she leads a sheltered life. Either way, Spears will certainly generate more interesting gossip during the summer because the heat makes people do strange things.