Calendar

Today

.“”Ghost Rider””- There will be a screening of this action-adventure film starring Nicolas Cage as a superstar motorcycle stunt rider who makes a deal with the devil for his soul. Hot motorcycle stunts and a crazy science-fiction plot make this movie an exciting cult classic. $3. 7 p.m. Gallagher Theater

Paco PeÇña: Flamenco Requiem – Flamenco dancing and Paco PeÇña have a lot in common, including the same birthplace, Andalucia, Spain. PeÇña is a guitarist and composer whose Flamenco Requiem “”In Praise of the Earth”” combines guitars, dancing and singing for an overall traditional experience of flamenco dancing. $10-$47. 7:30 p.m. Centennial Hall

Persona reading – Too cheap to pick up a copy of Persona? Come see this reading instead. Plus, we hear they’re also showing short films and slides of artwork. Sounds pretty good for the price of none. Free. 8 p.m. Modern Languages Auditorium

Tomorrow

“”Fight Club”” with screenwriter Jim Uhls – The film that redefined masculinity and what it means to be in a fight with someone will once again be on the big screen. “”Fight Club”” is one of the best movies of our generation, and who can resist Brad Pitt and Edward Norton living in a slum house and making soap out of human body fat? After the screening you can even meet the film’s screenwriter, Jim Uhls, who will discuss the film. $5. 8 p.m. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Main Gate Square Sidewalk Sale – Today is day one of this weekend-long event, during which almost all of the stores in Main Gate Square will have merchandise sales and giveaways. Free balloons, food samples and penguin and gorilla mascots will be roaming the event, perfect for Facebook photo ops! Free. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Main Gate Square

Saturday

Dr. Octagon – ‘Kool’ Keith Thompson, the man of nearly 60 aliases, has brought back the moniker of Dr. Octagon even though he was “”killed off”” by another ‘Kool’ Keith creation, Dr. Dooom, in the 1999 album First Come, First Served. The mysterious hip-hop artist is back to promote Return of Dr. Octagon, which was released last year. Get ready to hear old favorites and new tracks, and hopefully he’ll perform his new song “”Eat It,”” which features awesomely outrageous electro-popstar Princess Superstar. $16 in advance, $18 at the door. 8 p.m. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

“”Run for Your Life”” – No, this is not some B-movie horror film – it is the 5K run/walk put on by the Student Health Advisory Committee. Proceeds benefit the Tucson Community Food Bank and UNICEF, and all you have to do is register and sign up at http://shacrunforyourlife.blogspot.com. $15 entry fee (includes T-shirt). 8:30-11:30 a.m. UA Mall

Neil Berg’s “”100 Years of Broadway”” – Forget about sitting through an entire performance of a Broadway classic when what you really want to hear is that famous song that’s been stuck in your head for weeks. Now you can skip to the good stuff and watch pivotal scenes from Broadway’s most famous plays, including “”The Phantom of the Opera,”” “”Cats,”” and “”Jesus Christ Superstar.”” This performance will be like CliffsNotes for theater, and that is a fantastic innovation. 8 p.m. $10-$47. Centennial Hall

Sunday

Hornfest Closing Concert – If you’re in the School of Music, you probably already know about the Hornfest that will be going on all weekend featuring panel discussions and special-guest horn players. This is the closing concert for Hornfest, and graduating horn students will perform works of horned mastery. Hopefully it will have quenched your desire for horn music, and your heart will no longer be horny. Free. 7:30 p.m. Crowder Hall

Monday

“”Fighting the Beast: Resisting Globalization”” – Once you know the problem, you can be part of the solution. The genocide of black people in both America and Africa is a growing problem, and Julian Kunnie, director of the UA Africana Studies Program, will be leading a discussion about this crisis following a film about resisting globalization. Find out what you can do to resist the status quo and help your fellow man. Free. 7-9 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202.

Tuesday

“”Dance Your Pants Off”” – This event features a variety of music by Paul Kalman, Vince Redhouse, Moonfire Tower and DJ Ry Diggs while a comedy fashion show is performed and an art display is exhibited. It seems that all fashion shows are comedic, but because this one is being performed specifically to make you laugh, it should definitely be a sight for fashionista eyes. $7. 8 p.m. Old Town Artisans, 201 N. Court St. (21+)

– compiled by Alexandria Kassman