Police Beat

A student’s 1967 Mustang was stolen from the Second Street Parking Garage, 815 E. Second St., reports stated.

The student parked the car on the second level of the parking garage at 10 a.m., Feb. 11. When he returned to the garage Feb. 12, the car was missing.

He told police he had the only set of keys to the car. He also had a set of golf clubs, worth about $1,200, in the trunk of the car.

A student’s cell phone was stolen from Pinal Residence Hall, 1511 E. Sixth St., Feb. 11, reports stated.

The student told police she left the phone in a common area in the residence hall around 11 p.m. When she returned 20 minutes later, the phone was missing.

The phone was valued at about $300.

Police have suspects or witnesses.

A student’s bicycle was reported stolen Feb. 12, reports stated.

The student told police she was unsure of when she had last seen the bicycle, but she thought she may have last seen it around 12 p.m. Feb. 9.

She locked the bicycle with a U-lock, at either the bicycle racks to the west of the Modern Languages Building, 1423 E. University Blvd., or to the west of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd.

She was unable to locate the bicycle at either location. Police also searched for the bicycle’s U-lock but were unable to find it.

The student was unable to give police the bicycle’s serial number.

A student’s vehicle was damaged and a CD player and other items were stolen between 11 a.m. Feb. 9 and 8 a.m. Feb. 12, reports stated.

The student found the driver’s side door handle damaged. The vehicle was parked in the Highland Avenue Parking Garage, 1240 N. Highland Ave.

An amp, subwoofer, battery and other items were stolen. The center console was also damaged.

Police were able to find fingerprints on the vehicle.

A man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and driving on a suspended driver’s license Feb. 11, reports stated.

Police stopped the man near North Campbell Avenue and East Eighth Street because his vehicle registration expired Aug. 2006.

The man was unable to give police his driver’s license, vehicle registration or proof of insurance. The man’s driver’s license was suspended because of a driving under the influence conviction in May 2006.

Police found a smoking pipe with marijuana residue in his car. The man told police he used the pipe to smoke marijuana, but had not smoked recently.

His car was impounded and he was booked into Pima County Jail.

A student’s parking permits were stolen from a car Feb. 9, reports stated.

The two parking permits were taken sometime between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. while the car was parked in lot 8106, 1420 E. Seventh St.

The student told police that one of the car’s automatic windows wasn’t working properly prior to the theft.

The window was forced down by someone, and the permits were taken from the car.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu