Police Beat

Someone egged the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., sometime between 7 p.m. March 12 and 4:30 p.m. March 14, reports stated.

The front door, stoop, exterior ceiling above the door, windows and adjacent door were splattered with dried yolk and shells from around six eggs, reports stated.

The door was last used at 7 p.m. March 12, and the eggs were noticed at 4:40 p.m. March 14, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A man was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and five outstanding warrants at 4:03 p.m. Friday near 1700 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

A records check showed the man had three warrants from the Tucson Police Department, one from the Marana Police Department and one from the Pima County Sheriff Department, reports stated. The warrants were all for failure to appear in court.

Police searched the man and found marijuana in his left front pants pocket, a green metal pipe with marijuana residue and two packages of rolling papers in his right jacket pocket, reports stated.

The items were placed into evidence, and the man was transported to Pima County Jail, reports stated.

Police advised the man against panhandling on university property, reports stated.

A man was cited for having an open container of alcohol in a car and the driver was cited for driving with a cancelled license at 10:29 p.m. Saturday near 320 N. Euclid Ave., reports stated.

Police pulled the vehicle over after seeing that the temporary tag was unreadable, reports stated.

A records check showed the driver’s license had been cancelled, reports stated.

Police saw two 24-ounce beer cans under the passenger’s legs and smelled alcohol on his breath, reports stated.

The man was asked if the cans were his and said, “”I don’t know anything about any beer cans.””

One of the cans was completely empty and the other was full, reports stated. Police saw a puddle of beer near the cans.

The cans were cold and wet, reports stated.

The driver had not been drinking, reports stated.

Both men were cited and released.

A resident assistant reported a suspicious person at 8:15 p.m. March 13 after receiving a call on the on-duty phone at Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall, 1440 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

The RA told police the man on the phone asked to be let into the building.

The RA met the man, who stated he had left his wallet in his friend’s room, reports stated.

The man was escorted to the floor but was unable to locate the room.

While being escorted out of the building, the man asked the RA to dinner, reports stated.

The RA declined, reports stated.

A man was arrested for possession of marijuana and a confirmed warrant from Tucson Police Department at 3:33 p.m. Sunday after police saw him holding a beer can near the Women’s Plaza, 1020 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police were patrolling the area and saw a man sitting on a bench holding a large blue can, reports stated. Police drove past the man again and saw the can was gone.

Police asked the man where the beer can had gone and the man said he didn’t have a beer can, reports stated.

The man was asked again where the beer can had gone and told police he didn’t remember where he had put it.

The man told police he wasn’t a UA student and was on campus for a women’s basketball game.

The man told police he had put the can behind the bench, reports stated. Police found an opened 23.5-ounce beer can.

The man did not have an ID, but gave police his name, reports stated.

A records check came back with a confirmed warrant from Tucson Police Department, and police placed the man under arrest, reports stated.

The man told police he had marijuana inside his shorts, but explained it was on the inside so his shorts would need to be taken off to find it.

Police searched the man and found he was wearing 3 layers of shorts, reports stated. Police found marijuana in the left front pocket of one of the shorts.

The man was transported and booked into Pima County Jail, reports stated.

The marijuana was placed into evidence.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.