Police Beat

A man was arrested Jan. 21 for giving a false name to police and for having an outstanding warrant from the Tucson Police Department, reports stated.

The man was stopped in his car by police at East Speedway Boulevard and North Mountain Avenue at 12:12 p.m.

The man gave police an identification card with a name the police officer knew to be an alias. The man was also identifiable by his tattoos and scars.

The man was arrested and booked into Pima County Jail for not giving his name to police, for possessing a fictitious driver’s license and for a felony warrant from TPD.

The man was also cited for driving without a driver’s license and his vehicle was impounded.

A student’s car was reported stolen Jan. 21, reports stated.

The student parked the car at 10:50 a.m., Jan. 21, in the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., and returned at 12:36 p.m. but was unable to find the vehicle.

The vehicle was parked on the first level of the garage. The student said he was the only person with keys to the vehicle.

Two women reported receiving harassing e-mails Jan. 21, reports stated.

The emails stated the women dressed inappropriately for a class they both attended.

Neither of the women knew who had sent the e-mails.

A student gave gun parts he found while hiking to police Jan. 21, reports stated.

The student was hiking at Tucson Mountain Park when he found a green plastic case and a cardboard shipping tube covered by rocks.

Both contained various gun parts, including a rifle barrel and stock.

The student gave the found items to the UAPD at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 21.

UAPD gave the items to the Pima County Sheriff’s Department.

Three students reported an assault at the Delta Tau Delta fraternity house, 1050 N. Cherry Ave., Jan. 21, reports stated.

A member of the fraternity told police that people were admiring a snowman in front of the house when a truck pulled up at 8:50 p.m.

He said someone in the truck shouted “”Kappa Sig,”” and began throwing snowballs at people in front of the house.

One of the men in the truck tackled the snowman in the front yard.

The fraternity member told police he jumped on the truck bed, but was shoved out of it as the truck drove away. Another member of the fraternity said he hit the truck with his hand and kicked it as it drove away.

The students said three members of the Kappa Sigma Pi fraternity came to the Delta Tau Delta fraternity and tried to identify who had damaged the front of the truck.

One of the fraternity members said they should damage one of the cars at Delta Tau Delta, and another said members of the fraternities should settle the dispute with a fight.

The fraternity members did not want to press charges against the men.

Methamphetamine was found outside the game room in the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., Jan. 21, reports stated.

An employee found a baggie containing a white powdery substance at about 11:48 p.m.

The substance tested positive for 0.2 grams of methamphetamine.

A student was cited for possession of marijuana at Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall, 922 E. Fourth St., Jan. 22, reports stated.

A resident assistant led police to one of the dorm rooms where they smelled burning marijuana.

The student opened the door and said police could come into the room. Police saw a glass jar filled with a baggie containing a green, leafy substance, two lighters, a package of rolling papers and a glass smoking pipe.

The student’s boyfriend, who was also in the room, said the items were his. They told police they had smoked marijuana 15 minutes before the police had arrived.

The man was also cited for possession of narcotics paraphernalia. The items were placed into evidence.

A vehicle door was damaged sometime between Jan. 8 at 2:30 p.m., and Jan. 21 at 11:45 a.m., reports stated.

The vehicle was parked at lot 7102, 435 N. Freemont Ave.

The driver’s side door keyhole was punched in and there were dents near the lock. A piece of the door handle was also broken off.

Police were unable to locate any fingerprints. Nothing was missing from the vehicle.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.