Reese suspended indefinitely

Following Arizona’s 41-16 win over Toledo Saturday night at Arizona Stadium, head coach Mike Stoops announced that starting wide receiver Terrell Reese will be suspended indefinitely for being arrested on charges of suspicion of DUI Friday night.

“”The incident with Terrell Reese is very disturbing and very unfortunate,”” Stoops said Saturday night. “”It was a careless and selfish act and we will deal with that on Monday (today).””

Stoops said Reese was already suspended from Saturday’s game for missing class, and the situation will be resolved once he gets a chance to “”collect all the facts.””

When Stoops was asked exactly what happened in the incident, he responded, “”I don’t know, I got a call about it (Saturday) morning.””

Arizona was certainly planning on using Reese in a multitude of ways this season, but both the legal and academic issues held the receiver out of the game.

While Reese sat out, the window of opportunity opened for true freshman Juron Criner to get into the mix, as he registered his first career catch and finished the game with four receptions for 45 yards.

Criner has been drawing a lot of positive attention through the first two weeks of the season, and the freshman is feeling good about his contributions to the team thus far.

“”It’s not that I expected it, but it is more like I worked for it,”” said Criner of his accomplishments so far as a Wildcat. “”I worked hard and did what I had to do, so I guess that was good enough to put me out there.””