All Souls, Comic Con and more are sure to entertain your weekend

Michaela+Kane+%2F++The+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0APerformers+in+the+Dia+de+los+Muertos+parade+wait+for+the+parade+to+begin+in+downtown+Tucson+on+Sunday%2C+Nov.+3%2C+2013.+
    Michaela Kane
    Michaela Kane / The Daily Wildcat Performers in the Dia de los Muertos parade wait for the parade to begin in downtown Tucson on Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013.

All Souls Procession: 

Possibly Tucson’s most iconic annual event of the year, the 2015 All Souls Procession takes place Sunday, Nov. 8. A tradition that invites participants to embrace their cultural backgrounds and honor those who have passed on, the All Souls Procession is a gigantic parade that overtakes the streets of downtown Tucson. 

From the most elaborate floats to casually dressed pedestrians, anyone and everyone is welcomed and encouraged to join in the procession and celebration. 

The procession begins at 6:30 p.m. after a pre-parade concert at the North Sixth Avenue underpass and will wind its way through town to the grand finale concert and celebration at the Mercado San Agustín on Congress Street. 

There will be free face painting at the Hotel Congress before the procession begins, where artists will be adorning patrons in the style of calaveras. 

There will also be the Procession of Little Angels for children Nov. 7, the day before the large procession. 

The events are Tucson’s special way of honoring loved ones who have died while also celebrating the wonders of life.

Tucson Comic Con:  

For those Trekkies, Whovians and geeks of all kinds, the Tucson Comic Con is coming to the Tucson Convention Center this Friday through Sunday, Nov. 6-8. 

The event is known as the city’s premier comic book convention, but it has much more to offer than graphic novels. 

The program schedule boasts dozens of panels about everything from cosplay and costuming to breaking into the writing and publishing industries. 

Along with the presentations, there will be a flurry of artists and vendors that are just as enthusiastic about their artwork as they are about their respective fandoms.

There will even be an area of the convention center dedicated to tabletop and video gaming competitions. 

Tickets for the convention can be purchased by the day or for the weekend and range from $10 to $25. More detailed pricing and information on how to purchase admission can be found at tucsoncomic-con.com

Tucson Comedy Arts Festival: 

Looking for a laugh this weekend? The first-ever Tucson Comedy Arts Festival is the place to be this weekend to see all kinds of hilarity. 

The event began Wednesday, Nov. 4, and continues through Saturday, Nov. 7. The festival hosted by the Tucson Improv Movement at its TIM Comedy Theater with help from the local community of comedians. 

There will be improv, musical, stand-up and alternative comedy acts throughout the festival, and expert comedians from various fields will be holding workshops Friday and Saturday.  

For a full listing of shows and workshops and to purchase tickets or sign up, visit tucsoncomedyarts.com.  

Cops and Rodders Car Show:

The Tucson Police Foundation holds its ninth annual Cops and Rodders Car Show on Saturday in the parking lot of Hi Corbett Field in Reid Park. 

Featuring over 625 vehicles of all makes, models and years, the show is the biggest in the city and is free for spectators. 

For children, there will be free pine car building and derby race activities, among others, and each area of the police force will have members present to say hello to those in attendance. 

The show runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine.

Harvest Heritage Festival: 

Steam Pump Ranch in Oro Valley, just north of Tucson, is celebrating fall this Saturday with the Harvest Heritage Festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 

There will be a variety of performances throughout the day, from musical acts to traditional dance groups, along with a number of activities, demonstrations and displays. 

Craft and food vendors will also be in attendance.

The event is free for guests and has a little something for everyone to celebrate the season.

Follow Victoria Pereira on Twitter.