StyleCats: This week’s best dressed students

Jesus Barrera

The UA is unstoppable when it comes to basketball, the ZonaZoo, school spirit and academics; but we rule the world of student fashion. Wildcats in the Dirty T possess wardrobes so creative, classic and unique, that every day is a runway at UA. I went around campus to find the best-dressed Wildcats.

Sasha Hawkins, a creative writing sophomore, rocks a cute turtleneck sweater with leggings, Dr. Martens, round-circled sunglasses and a round top hat. Hawkins embraces new trends by incorporating the back-in-style turtleneck with her badass and ever-classic Dr. Martens. In short, Hawkins’ style is just as creative as her major.

Aimee Harvey, a nursing freshman, sports Air Jordan 1’s and stays true to the sneaker trend that many girls have embraced. Incorporating a sneaker into a cute outfit like this striped T-shirt dress and throwback denim jacket with fur makes it both sporty and cute. Adidas Superstars, Adidas Stan Smiths, high-top Vans, New Balances and Superga sneakers populate the campus.

Who said the staff at UA couldn’t dress well? 

Robert Jaime, who works within Arizona Public Media’s Art Direction and Graphic Design, wears a white T-shirt, blazer, slimmed trousers and dress shoes that makes the perfect modern work and play outfit. If you see a professor dressing like this, compliment them.

Adidas has been huge this past year in collaborations with Stella McCartney, Urban Outfitters and Kanye West. 

Agriculture business sophomore Melissa Bustamante models a unique Adidas tracksuit that we just could not resist taking a picture of. Go down to University Boulevard and walk right into Urban Outfitters where you can find a tracksuit similar to this and other apparel by Adidas. Bustamante will turn heads with this awesome piece.

What’s better than white T-shirt and jeans? According to Corde Sweets, an architecture freshman, almost nothing. Yeezy Boost 350s, a pair of shoes on everyone’s wish list, accentuate Sweets’ go-to look. This stylish dude encapsulates the definition of cool and made the perfect model for our photo shoot. 

With trends and original looks, the Wildcats have fashion on lock at the UA. 

The takeaway: get creative, stay true to your style and you will always have the best look around.

Follow Mariel Bustamante on Twitter