Police Beat: Oct. 6

Woman with booze bottle busted by boys in blue

UAPD officers observed a man and a woman loitering near the intersection of Second Street and Mountain Avenue on Sept. 26 at 9:45 p.m. Officers spoke with the pair and noticed that the woman was holding a plastic bottle. During questioning, the woman admitted that the bottle contained beer. She also admitted to being underage and to have been drinking beer during the evening. According to police, the strong odor of intoxicants was coming from the woman’s mouth as she spoke. Officers cited her on charges of minor in possession and she was released on scene.

Woman in pink pukes, police ship to UMC

UAPD officers were dispatched to Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall on Sept. 26 at 9:57 p.m. in reference to a woman in a pink dress being carried by two other women. Upon arrival, officers saw the woman in pink lying on the floor, surrounded by her friends. Police questioned the woman’s friends and were told that the woman was picked up at the Standard Apartments around First Avenue and Stone Avenue and was extremely intoxicated by the time friends arrived. The woman’s friends also told police that the woman had vomited several times during transport.

According to police, the woman was incoherent and semi-conscious and the strong odor of intoxicants was coming from her mouth and body. Tucson Fire Department officers arrived to transport the woman to University Medical Center for evaluation. The woman was cited the following morning on charges of minor in possession. She was released from at UMC and the incident has been referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Walk the line, just not in the street

UAPD officers observed a large group of men walking eastbound on Lee Street on Sept. 26 at 10:24 p.m. The group was walking in the street, causing motorists to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid a collision with the group. Officers made contact with the group and were able to identify four of the men as underage. According to one member of the group, the men had been drinking beer at a house off campus. The four men were given breath tests to confirm the presence of alcohol and the underage men were cited on charges of minor in possession and released on scene.

But I already have three MIPs!

UAPD officers observed two apparently intoxicated women walking eastbound along Drachman Street on Sept. 26 at 10:52 p.m. According to police, one of the women was carrying a beer can and appeared to be staggering. Officers contacted the women and asked them for identification. Both women claimed to not have any identification on them. Both women exhibited several signs of intoxication, including bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and the strong odor of intoxicants coming from their mouths.

One of the women gave officers a false name and date of birth and then attempted to flee on foot. Police were able to catch the woman and identified her using her Oregon driver’s license. The woman told police she had already had three charges for minor in possession and was scared to receive another. Police cited the woman on charges of minor in possession and giving a false report to a law enforcement officer. The other woman was also cited on charges of minor in possession. The women were transported to Pima County Jail where they were booked. The incident has been referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Just what a mother wants in a visit …

UAPD officers on patrol on Vine Avenue observed a woman sitting on a curb and crying on Sept. 27 at 12:25 a.m. Police made contact with the woman, who identified herself with a Washington state driver’s license. According to police, the woman claimed that she had lost her friends and had no idea where she was. Her speech was slurred, her eyes were bloodshot and she had the strong odor of intoxicants coming from her mouth. The woman handed officers her phone and they spoke with the woman’s roommate, who claimed to be at the intersection of Speedway Boulevard and Cherry Avenue. The woman then called her mother, who was in town and staying at a nearby hotel. Police spoke with the woman’s mother, who agreed to take custody of her daughter. Officers cited the woman on charges of minor in possession and transported her to her mother’s hotel room where she was released.