Spectrum

Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Tucson! Celebrate Tucson’s birthday with a tour of the mansion and free birthday cake every Wednesday this month. Then you can go to the Buffet and hold your own honorary power hour for the Old Pueblo. 3-6 p.m. Z Mansion, 288 N. Church Ave. Free

Thursday

J.A. Jance. It was the mystery writer, with the pen, at 2 p.m. at the Green Valley Branch Library, 601 N. La Cañada Drive, and at 7 p.m. at Barnes and Noble, 7325 N. La Cholla Blvd. Free

Gods and goddesses lecture. Lady Lilith of the Whispering Spirits Coven will lecture on ancient deities. Bring your own sacrificial goat. 6-7 p.m. Blue Eyed Witch Metaphysical Shop, 215 E. Allen St., Tombstone. $10 suggested donation

Friday

“”Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.”” How many dudes do you think will show up to this wearing that Hawaiian shirt and hat, nonchalantly smoking from a cigarette holder? I’m betting all of them.12:45, 5:15, 9:45 p.m. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Saturday

Dog Wash. Hosted by Arizona Greyhound Rescue. All breeds welcome. Call 886-7411 for more information. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Veterinary Specialty Center, 4909 La Cañada Road. $10 dog wash, $10 nail trim, $15 for both

Sunday

Community Drum Circle. Get in touch with your inner womyn every Sunday from 2-5 p.m. Himmel Park, East First Street and North Tucson Boulevard. Free

Monday

Eclectic Writers’ Group. Meet with other published and unpublished writers to present original pieces of writing, practice writing, critique each other’s work and discuss writing in general. The perfect place to debut that short story you’ve got stashed away about a rag-tag team of explorers loosely inspired by yourself and your friends who struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. 7-9 p.m. 2060 N. Painted Hills Road. Free

Tuesday

Lively Liberal Lunchers. Meet and talk with like-minded people. 11:30 a.m. every Tuesday. Arizona Family Restaurant, 80 W. Esperanza Blvd. Participants pay for their lunch

– compiled by Alyson Hill