Bowling brings the party

One Grammy nomination and seven albums later, Bowling for Soup are back on tour performing tonight at Tucson’s very own Club Congress.

The band has been around for 16 years, gracing audiences with its hits “”1985,”” “”Almost,”” “”High School Never Ends”” and its 2003 Grammy-nominated song, “”Girl All the Bad Guys Want.””

This pop-punk Texan quartet graced the Top 40 charts with the 2004 album A Hangover You Don’t Deserve. Now BFS is touring to promote Sorry for Partyin’, their seventh studio album.

The group’s songs are cunning and charmingly crude, like new track “”My Wena,”” complete with extended metaphors and pop culture references. Songs like “”High School Never Ends”” are hilarious because they’re true. For a band that sings tons about the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle, they really do party it up.

Joining the band on Congress’ stage will be New York natives Just Surrender.

The band was created in 1994 after three high school friends decided to join forces. Now the group is five guys strong with a rocking power pop sound — think All Time Low, one of the bands they’ve had a chance to tour with.

Whether you enjoy Bowling for Soup or want to see Just Surrender, join the two groups as they transform Congress into a BFS-worthy dance party.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for this all-ages event. For more information check out http://www.hotelcongress.com or call 622-8848.