Women’s golf wraps up fall season in Hawaii

Ryan+Revock%2FThe+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AManon+Gidali+practices+chipping+at+practice+at+the+Casino+Del+Sol+Sewailo+Golf+Club+on+Oct.+11.++
Ryan Revock
Ryan Revock/The Daily Wildcat Manon Gidali practices chipping at practice at the Casino Del Sol Sewailo Golf Club on Oct. 11.

The Arizona women’s golf team traveled to Kona, Hawaii, for its last tournament of the fall season, the Pac-12 Preview at the Nanea Golf Club. The tournament began Monday and the final rounds were played Tuesday.

The Pac-12 Preview was a 54-hole, three-round, two-day tournament, and Arizona finished seventh overall with a score of 884 ( 8).

USC won the tournament with a score of 861 (-15) and UCLA finished second with an 862 (-14) total.
The golfers played 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday.

As a team, the Wildcats shot rounds of 287, 293 and 304.

Arizona freshmen Wanasa Zhou and Jessica Vasilic both earned top-25 finishes. Zhou finished with a tie for eighth and shot rounds of 69, 74 and 74 for a total score of 217 (-2).

Vasilic finished in a tie for 22nd with rounds of 77, 69 and 77 for a score of 223 ( 4).

Sophomore Lindsey Weaver and junior Kendall Prince were tied with two others for 28th with total scores of 225 ( 6).

Weaver went into the tournament leading the squad with a stroke average of 72.00, and with four rounds at or below par on the season. She shot rounds of 72, 77 and 76 for the Pac-12 Preview.

Prince shot rounds of 74, 73 and 78.

Senior Andrea Vilarasau went into the tournament leading the Arizona squad with three rounds at or below par. She finished 37th, shooting rounds of 72, 80 and 77 for a total of 229 ( 10).

The golfers rode in carts throughout the tournament due to the layout of the course, and every team was provided with a caddy.

Now that the Wildcats are done with their fall season, they will resume play on Mar. 15 when they travel to Gainesville, Fla., for the Florida Gator Collegiate.

—Follow Rose Aly Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal