Roundtable: Can the Wildcats get back in the win column?

Kohichiro Yamada

Arizona football’s Tanner McLachlan gives a thumbs up to a sideline referee on Sept. 10, 2022, at Arizona Stadium. The Wildcats would lose the game 39-17. 

Jason Dayee: Arizona wins 28-20

My prediction for the Saturday, Sept. 17, game of Arizona versus North Dakota State University is that Arizona will bounce back from their most recent loss and acquire their first win at home. The Wildcats will win with a final score of 28-20. In this week’s matchup, Arizona will have to focus on playing complimentary football and limiting turnovers. If Arizona can get their run game going, it will open things up for their passing attack and put pressure on North Dakota to respond. I also believe this home crowd will provide the Wildcats with an extra boost of energy to help push them to their first win at home on the season.

Ryan Wohl: Arizona wins 24-21

Last week, I thought Arizona could beat Mississippi State University at home, and although they didn’t win, it was a close game for roughly 80% of the contest. I believe Jayden de Laura will clean up some of his mistakes and will cut down on his turnover issue from a week ago. The key for Arizona to take the next step forward is successfully establishing the running game and applying pressure to the opposing quarterback early on. 

Alex Poor: Arizona wins 27-21

NDSU offers another unique, early-season challenge for the Wildcats. The Bison have a potent run game behind a strong offensive line. However, I think Arizona will bounce back in this one with a 27-21 win on Saturday night. They need to clean up the turnovers from last week and execute more efficiently in the red zone.

Cole Johnson: Arizona wins 35-14

I don’t think the Wildcats should have too much trouble beating NDSU. However, NDSU is known for playing high-level Division I teams tough and often taking down big schools. 

Delaney Penn: Arizona wins 28-10

I think the team will be anxious to put last week’s outcome behind them. They will hopefully revert back to their first game’s success and secure a win. I know that NDSU performs really well in their own division, but this is the Pac-12. I predict the score will be 28-10 Wildcats.

Devin Homer: Arizona wins 31-28

The Wildcats will get back on track and defeat NDSU 31-28. Jayden de Laura will get the Wildcats back on track with a big performance. This game will be close from the start and could come down to who has the ball last. 

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter