Staff picks

Arizona at No. 10 USC

It’s perfect timing for Arizona against USC. The Trojans are on an emotional high. They are overly confident and looking past what they surely see as a lowly Arizona team that is sitting in the cellar of the Pac-10. But this is when the Wildcats strike out of nowhere and take down the goliath. Major upset alert. Oh, wait. That happened last week? Well then, I guess Arizona just gets a very pissed- off Trojan team.

USC 41, Arizona 20

-Bobby Stover
    sports writer

Sure, lowly Stanford knocked off dynastic USC, but after the overmatched Rebels blew up the Death Star, Darth Vader got seriously pissed and sent those crazy walkers to the ice planet Hoth to sow some destruction. This weekend, the Trojan empire strikes back. Expect the Wildcats’ offense to get frozen in carbonite and Pete Carroll to cut off Mike Stoop’s arm with a lightsaber. Do you sense Willie Tuitama in pain? Yoda says, “”It is the future you see.””

USC 42, Arizona 13

-Alex Dalenberg
    sports writer

If the Trojans didn’t lose to Stanford last week, then I think Arizona might have a chance. Since USC did lose, there’s no possible way the Wildcats can pull off an upset. USC’s defense will be looking to concuss Tuitama, and backup QB Mark Sanchez is possibly a step up from Booty. If Arizona continues to not start playing until the second quarter, they’re in deep doo doo.

USC 100, Arizona 0

-Brian Kimball
    sports writer