With music festival season here, check out this fashion advice

Tyler Besh /  Arizona Daily Wildcat
    Tyler Besh
    Tyler Besh / Arizona Daily Wildcat

Your toes dig into a mixture of spilled Pabst Blue Ribbon and mud; you’re in the midst of a sea of people all attempting the bohemian look against a backdrop of tall palm trees and white tents.

The air around you is filled with sweat and copious amounts of marijuana smoke, while you feel the methodical beat of the bass and long trills of guitar riffs in your rib cage. It’s that time of year again: music festival season is here.

For those who go to see and be seen, it’s imperative to pull off the indie rocker chic look flawlessly. Extreme amounts of time and deliberation are dedicated to creating the perfect outfit for each day of whichever music festival they are attending, most likely next month’s Coachella.

Most women end up with fashionable pieces from the ever-popular Urban Outfitters, Inc., which includes the brands Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie and Free People.

“The bohemian trend has continued to be extremely prominent this season,” said a corporate representative for Urban Outfitters, Inc. “In the store, we have recently created a new vignette on display with this bohemian chic look.”

The look is known for its use of floral prints and artfully tattered hems.

“Free People carries the persona of the free-spirited modern hippie, but Urban Outfitters is slightly more budget-friendly, so the store expects to see a great deal of college students purchasing for Coachella weekend specifically,” the representative explained.

High-waisted shorts are an essential for female Coachella-goers.

“They are a must-have, with either a bathing suit top or crop top,” said Natalie Grum, a journalism sophomore and avid Coachella attendee. “It’s all about being comfortable in the sun and being able to move.”

The Urban Outfitters, Inc. representative could not agree more.

“We expect to see a rise in our Urban Renewal shorts — the high-waisted vintage cut-offs — to be sold; they can just be so comfortable and versatile,” she said.

High-waisted shorts are a great way to show off your fashion sense without looking overdone, though subtlety isn’t exactly a buzzword at Coachella.

“Coachella is a festival where you can go all out and pile on as many accessories as you want,” Grum said.

Grum, a festival fanatic, and the Urban Outfitters, Inc. representative both expect to see most attendees sporting the same “nonconformist” style.

“Look out for wide brim hats, and definitely keep your eyes peeled for high-low chiffon seams on skirts — that style from last year will absolutely be repeated,” the representative added.

To get the look, check out Collette, a boutique on University Boulevard. There you can shop trendy crop tops and high-waisted shorts, lace maxi skirts and sheer shirts with peplums, and the store has a beautiful high-low seamed dress with black lacy top and floral chiffon skirt on display as well.

If online shopping is more your thing, nastygal.com also has a wide selection of indie-inspired clothing.

With an incredible lineup, plus rumors about a possible Daft Punk appearance, you’ll want to look comfortably cool and chic while you wander the Coachella tents, beer in hand and DSLR camera around your neck.

Festival season is here — the hipsters are taking over, and if you can’t beat them, you might as well join them.