Quick Hits

Students with disabilities to display art

Students with disabilities will take part in “”Disability in the Arts, Art Showcase”” today near the Student Union Memorial Center.

There will be art performances today be from noon to 1 p.m. on the stage north of the SUMC.

An art exhibition will take place in the Social Justice Leadership Center on the fourth floor of the SUMC from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

UA students with disabilities will showcase their art, which may include photography, painting, ceramic art, dance, voice, theater and poetry.

The fine art series is designed to highlight the talents of an important part of the student population and increase awareness of the artistic talents of fellow students.

College Republicans send message on Mall

The UA College Republicans will have a table on the UA Mall today and tomorrow as part of “”Conservative Week.””

Today’s theme is “”reform the united nations day”” and tomorrow will be “”support the troops day.””

There will be events on the Mall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

“”We want to spread the conservative message on campus, so that students can hear our side of the issues as we approach the very important midterm elections,”” said Blake Rebling, a member of the College Republicans, in a press release.

Monday was “”Democrat hypocrisy day”” and yesterday was “”stop illegal immigration day.””