Quick Hits

Nominate favorite profs
    Have you had an amazing professor at the UA?
    Nominate him or her for the Five Star Faculty Award. The Five Star Award is the UA’s only student-nominated and student-selected teaching award.
    If you think one of your professors is worthy of recognition, go to https://honors.arizona.edu/secure/5star.asp to submit a nomination.
    Nominations will be accepted until tomorrow at 5 p.m.

Train for a 10K marathon with Arizona Cancer Center
    The Arizona Cancer Center is offering a 10K training program for the UA community.
    A free informational meeting will be today at noon in the Madera Room in the Student Union Memorial Center.
    The Better Than Ever program helps men and women of all ages, sizes and fitness levels find the “”athlete within”” while training for the Bobbi Olson Half Marathon.
    Because the thought of participating in a 13.1-mile half marathon is overwhelming for many, participants can choose from two different races to set as a goal: The Cinco De Mayo 10K or The New Balance Tucson Catalina State Park 5-Mile Trail and Road Combo event.
    Training for the events begins March 6 at training locations at the UA, Sabino Canyon and Rancho Vistoso.
    For more information, check out www.arizonacancercenters.org or contact Jennifer Castles with questions at 626-7177 or jcastles@azcc.arizona.edu.

‘Vagina Monologues’ begins tonight
    “”The Vagina Monologues”” will be performed in the Social Sciences building, Room 100, tonight at 7:30 and will run through Saturday.
    The money raised from the UA production of “”The Vagina Monologues”” will be given to the Comfort Women fund and also locally to the UA’s Oasis Program for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence.
    The Saturday performance will feature a special performance from Odiako Sonora. The group strives to uphold and expand the instruction and performance of taiko, the artistic, powerful and physically demanding discipline of Japanese ensemble drumming.
    Student tickets cost $8 and general admission is $10.