Police Beat

The words “”Sexist Pig”” were written on an office door in the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, 118 E. Fourth St., sometime between Feb. 22 at 5 p.m. and Feb. 25 at 9:45 a.m.

On Feb. 25 at 5 p.m., the director of the UA’s physics department made contact with the University of Arizona Police Department regarding the criminal damage and provided the officer with information regarding the case.

The man said the criminal damage had been caused over the weekend and that the words written on the door were inscribed in black ink.

The man also noted that there were several rolls of toilet paper unrolled down the halls one floor up.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

On Feb. 26, at approximately 2:54 a.m., a woman reported that an unknown male had come into the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house, 1050 N. Mountain Ave., through her open bedroom window.

An officer responded to the south side of the house regarding a possible burglary in progress. He met with another officer in the house parking lot.

The officers made contact with the woman inside who reported a college-aged male had entered through her window and proceeded into the interior of the house through her bedroom door.

The noise of the man coming in woke her up. She did not think he was still inside the house when the officers arrived. The woman’s roommate had not seen or heard the man enter.

The two officers performed an exterior check of the house, roof and balcony area that had provided access to the woman’s window. No one was found in the area, nor was there evidence of anyone passing through the area.

A check was performed of the interior of the house. It was discovered a sorority composite had been taken from the wall in the foyer area of the house. The composite was valued at approximately $3,500. Nothing else was missing and the male was not located inside the house.

The officer spoke with another sorority member who said her bedroom window faces west toward North Mountain Avenue. She was awake in her room when she heard several male voices outside. She described the men as being loud and rowdy and heard them yell “”Come on!”” with a sense of urgency to someone. She heard a car door slam and a vehicle drive away.

This occurred immediately preceding the other woman reporting that someone had entered the house through her window. All the sorority members believed the incident was a fraternity prank and that there was no real danger to any of them.

The officer spoke with the sorority president, who contacted her sorority adviser about the incident and decided she did not want to press charges on behalf of the house. None of the members would tell the officers which fraternity they suspected to be involved. After confirming the women did not want to press charges or have an investigation, the officers left the scene.

An unknown person stole a wireless keyboard and mouse belonging to the UA from the Visual Art Graduate Research Laboratory, 1231 N. Fremont Ave. Between the hours of 4 p.m. on Feb. 22 and 7:45 a.m. on Feb. 25.

On Feb. 25 at 12:36 p.m. an officer spoke with a UA lab monitor over the phone who said he left the keyboard and mouse in Room 111 of the lab Feb. 22 and when he returned he noticed they had been stolen.

The man was unable to provide serial numbers.

There is no suspect information.

A woman was arrested at the Gould-Simpson building, 1040 E. Fourth St., for domestic violence, criminal damage, assault and the interference of educational institution on at 3:33 p.m.. Feb 25.

At 2:14 p.m. an officer responded to Campus Athletics, 936 E. University Blvd., regarding a domestic violence incident.

Upon arrival he made contact with the victim, a man who said he was in his office in the Gould-Simpson building when his wife came in and assaulted him. According to the man, his wife hit him on the head with an open fist six or seven times using both hands. The man also stated that his wife took his cellular phone from him and broke it at the hinge, then held the broken phone in her left hand and hit him on the right side of his head.

The officer asked the man if he needed medical attention and he refused, saying he would be all right.

The officer noticed that the man had fresh abrasions on the right side of his face and a small lump on the right side of his head, where he stated his wife had struck him with the cell phone. The man said he was doing his research when his wife entered his office.

The woman slammed the door shut after entering the office and started yelling “”How could you do this to me?”” as she hit him on the head.

He said he did not strike back and asked her to stop and then he exited the building. He said he felt embarrassed by the situation and started walking westbound on East University Boulevard.

At that time, the officer responded to the Gould-Simpson building and made contact with the wife. The woman was sitting on the west side of the building when the officer approached her and told her why he was talking to her.

She said she hit her husband and he hit her back once. The officer detected no signs of physical injuries of the woman.

The woman said she became upset with her husband because he had been making phone calls to his ex-wife. The woman had cuts on her hand from when she broke the phone and hit her husband.

The woman said she gets rides with her husband to the UA every day, but is not a student or employee.

The woman was placed under arrest and taken to Pima County Jail.