Date Book

Campus Events

• Science day. The Arizona Cancer Center Days of Discovery/Science start today. Demonstrations, handsonactivities and a visit to a working laboratory will teach
      you about the developments driving the future of cancerprevention, treatment and cures. 9:30 a.m. Today through Saturday. Arizona Cancer Center, Kiewit Auditorium
  • 25+ Cats social. Meet other nontraditional students and learn about the involvement opportunities and services Commuter Student Affairs has to offer, all while enjoying refreshments. 5 p.m., Student Union Memorial Center, Commuter Student Lounge
  • Doctoral oral defense. Omar M. Muammar will present his defense in special education, rehabilitation and school psychology, “”An Integration of Two Competing
    Cognitive Models to Explain Practical Intelligent.”” 10 a.m. Education building, Room 412
  • Doctoral oral defense. Interested in the field of nursing? Come listen to Marla Jean Weston defend her nursing dissertation, “”Antecedents to Control Over
    Nursing Practice.”” Noon. College of Nursing, Room 470

Entertainment

• Free poker tournament. Live music, prizes and No-Limit Texas Hold’em! What more do you need? 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • Karaoke. Whether you put Gloria Gaynor to
    shame or leave the singing to the shower, come sing your heart out with free karaoke at the Park Student Union. 7 p.m. PSU, dining room
  • Performance. Drums Across Cultures will perform today, sponsored by Multicultural Affairs and Student Success. In addition to a variety of music, there will also be an Eegee’s giveaway. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., UA Mall