Our Pick

Better have your 10-gallon hats and cowboy boots ready and rarin’ to go, because a little country is thundering its way into Arizona.

Yes, it’s back. Country Thunder, the largest country music festival in the Southwest, is returning to the desert for a weekend filled with fun, friends and, of course, some good ol’ country music.

Beginning April 14, Florence, Ariz., will transform into a country music Mecca, as the sprawling grounds of Florence’s own Canyon Moon Ranch become the hub for the festival’s outdoor stage and surrounding campsites. With close to 10 hours of live performances scheduled daily, and also featuring numerous vendors and even a rowdy saloon, it is no surprise that thousands from across the country are set to gather on the 50-acre festival site to share in the rambunctious festivities.

In years past, the festival has gained recognition for bringing some of the hottest stars in country music together for its four-day spectacle of brawny music and energetic performances. Country Thunder 2010 is no exception. With such artists as Willie Nelson, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Kid Rock and even Kevin Costner highlighting the concert series, well, let’s just say there’s bound to be more than a little dust kicked up in the process.

While single-day tickets are available for $65, excluding Wednesday, which is $25, the four-day general admission package gives you more bang for your buck, allowing ticket holders the chance to see all 21 performances for $119 — less than the price of two single-day passes. For more information about purchasing tickets, campsite rentals and the band line-up, visit www.countrythunder.com.

— Dallas Williamson