Calendar

ZZ Top will play at Casino Del Sol on Wednesday

Today

Boys Like Girls – I can’t tell if the lead singer of this emo band is a scenester or a bro, which is all the more reason for you to go see it. Unfortunately, though, no one under the age of 6 is admitted. 7-11 p.m. $20. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tomorrow

Pre-Festival Kick-Off Party and Fundraiser for the Tucson Folk Festival – It’s like “”A Mighty Wind”” right here in Tucson. This fundraiser will feature artists such as Amber Norgaard, The Determined Luddites and Leila Lopez. 7-11 p.m. $3 admission, $5 buffet. Old Town Artisans, 201 N. Court Ave.

“”Gas Hole”” documentary – No, it’s not about flatulence. This movie is about alternative fuels and cleaning up cities. If you see it in the theater, you’ll help raise money for the Tucson Clean Cities Coalition. 7:30 p.m. $15 for movie, $25 with movie and Q-and-A with producer. Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.

Saturday

Taste of Australia: A Food and Wine Festival – Besides food, wine, raffles and aborigine music, this festival will have live kangaroos. Where do they get them, the ostrich farm? 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. $15. St. Cyril of Alexandria Parish, 4725 E. Pima St.

15 Year Anniversary Party – Art Opening – The clothing store next to Epic Café will be having a reception for local artist Joseph Robles before he moves to New York. So we can feel inferior. 6-9 p.m. Free. Zoe Boutique, 735 N. Fourth Ave.

Photography on Fire: New Delhi Through the Eyes of Young Performance Artists – I love Delhi food, don’t you? This show will feature photographs from performance artists in India. 6-9 p.m. Free. The Drawing Studio Gallery, 33 S. 6th Ave.

Anomaly – This Phoenix band will be performing, with local band Vine St. opening. 8 p.m. Free. The Cellar Restaurant and Lounge, Student Union Memorial Center

Sunday

UA Clarinet Choir – This section in junior high had all the brown haired nerdy girls who held eternal grudges against the flute players. Now they’ll be consecrating their frustrations in this show. 2 p.m. Free. University of Arizona Museum of Art

Southern Arizona Koi Association Annual Pond Tour – After seeing the kangaroo, you can venture over to the koi pond and take a look at some cute little orange fish swimming around. You can also vote for the People’s Choice Award, which I assume means the best fish? It’s like a dog show or something. Saturday and Sunday, times vary. $5. 14 locations in and around the Tucson area

Monday

“”Aguirre: The Wrath of God”” – The Werner Herzog movie about 16th century quests for El Dorado is supposed to feature one of Klaus Kinski’s best performances: an explorer drunk for power. In the trailer, there’s a poignant scene where he throws a tiny monkey in a lake. Sunday at 1 p.m. and Monday at 7 p.m. Free. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Tuesday

Tapes ‘n’ Tapes – These Indie guys have been to Tucson a few times now, and it always seems they’re playing 21 and up shows. Sorry Eugene. 8 p.m. $10 in advance, $12 day of show. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

Spotlight on Tucson Film Community May Mixer – This event seems kind of awkward because every filmmaker and actor I know would rather shove a stage prop up their nose than hang out at Gentle Ben’s. But they can always take refuge in the beer. 6-8 p.m. Free. Gentle Ben’s Brewing Company, 865 E. University Blvd.

Wednesday

ZZ Top – A little known fact: they actually shaved their beards off last week to shake off insinuations that they’re a gimmick. Just kidding, then nobody’d go. 7:30 p.m. $35 to $85. Casino Del Sol’s Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater, 5655 W. Valencia Road

UA Theatre Arts Sophomore and Freshman Showcase – The BFA acting majors will perform scenes taken from Chekhov plays, and will also pair with some music theatre majors, who will probably sing “”Avenue Q”” ’cause they’re so freaking fond of it. 7:30 p.m. Free. Marroney Theatre