Police Beat

A UA employee found a cut cable lock lying in the grass in front of the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, 1118 E. Fourth St., on March 17, reports stated.

The UA employee said he had not seen the lock when he left work around 5 p.m. on March 16 and said he noticed it when he went to work around 8 a.m. the next day.

The cut lock was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A $200 black leather briefcase was stolen from a student’s car the night of March 17 while the car was parked on North Tyndall Avenue and East Helen Street, reports stated.

The student said she noticed the driver’s side window on her car was broken around 11:45 p.m. and said the briefcase had been taken.

A witness told police he saw a white Ford parked next to the student’s car, but said the Ford had driven away before he could get a good look at it.

Police searched the area for the Ford, but didn’t find it.

A $240 bike shared by two students was stolen sometime between the night of March 14 and the early morning of March 16 while the bike was parked outside Pima Residence Hall, 1511 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

A student told police he locked the bike with a U-lock around 6 p.m. on March 14 and said he noticed it was missing around 1 a.m. on March 16. The student said he shared the bike with another student.

There was a white bike lying on the ground next to the area where the student’s bike had been stolen. The student said the white bike had not been there before.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A UA employee’s $100 green mountain bike was stolen sometime between the afternoon of March 15 and the morning of March 16 while the bike was parked outside the Harvill building, 1103 E. Second St., reports stated.

The employee told police she parked her 11-year-old bike around 5:30 p.m. on March 15 and said she noticed it was missing around 8 a.m. the next day.

A student’s Toyota was stolen sometime between the afternoon of March 10 and the morning of March 16 while it was parked in the Zone 1 lot at 421 N. Cherry Ave., reports stated.

The student told police she parked and locked the Toyota around 3 p.m. on March 10. The student said she came back around 9 a.m. on March 16 to find her vehicle gone.

The student told police there were silver butterfly stickers on the driver’s side and passenger’s side window and that her vehicle also had a cracked right rear taillight.

A woman was cited for driving on a suspended license and for not having proof of insurance the afternoon of March 16 after she was pulled over on North Euclid Avenue and East Mabel Street, reports stated.

Police noticed the woman’s car had expired plates around 4 p.m.

Police ran a records check on the woman and discovered she had a suspended license.

The woman’s car was impounded and she was released, reports stated.

A bike tire was found outside Bear Down Gymnasium, 1428 E. University Blvd., the morning of March 14, reports stated.

Police found the bike tire around 10 a.m. There were no bikes in the area that appeared to be missing a tire.

The tire was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail the night of March 12 after he approached police on East Fourth Street and North Santa Rita Avenue, reports stated.

Police saw the man standing on the corner around midnight. The man approached police and said, “”I’m not going to lie, I was going to ask for money,”” reports stated.

Police ran a records check on the man and discovered he had a warrant out for his arrest, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.