Tour de Tucson is rolling in

Keith Hickman-Perfetti / Daily W
    Riders struggle to complete the 111-mile ride during El Tour de Tucson on Saturday 19 Nov. 2011. The race was won by Eric Marcotte(ERIC MARCOTTE) who finished in 4:29:30.31. Keith Hickman-Perfetti / Daily Wildcat

Before you go out this weekend, make sure you stop by Perimeter Bicycling or hop on the Internet and sign up for the 30th El Tour de Tucson, which takes place on Saturday, Nov. 17. Cyclists of all skill levels can sign up for the main events, which feature 111, 85, 60 and 42-mile rides through scenic Tucson. If you aren’t a serious cyclist, but would like to get in on the fun, sign up for either the 10 or 5 mile rides.

The deadline to sign up online is Nov. 12 and registration closes Nov. 15. Signing up for El Tour also helps support 20 different nonprofit organizations that the tour contributes to with registration fees. This is a great opportunity to have fun riding with a large group or test yourself and see what you can really do on your bike. You won’t want to miss it.

Follow us on Twitter @wildcatarts and follow Hayden @Spicy_Reptiles.