Police Beat

A man was arrested at a bus stop at 1630 E. University Blvd. on charges of assault, indecent exposure and criminal nuisance Monday.

An officer was called to the area about a suspicious person. When he arrived he recognized the man described.

When the man saw the officer, he attempted to run from the area but appeared to be physically impaired. When the officer spoke with the man, he had the odor of an intoxicant on his breath, bloodshot, watery eyes and slurred speech.

When the officer asked for the man’s identification, he showed the officer a Tucson Police Department citation he had received as a form of ID.

When the officer asked the man if he had been drinking the man said, “”Yeah, I’ve been drinking, but I stopped about eight hours ago,”” according to reports. Then the man shouted, “”Please don’t arrest me, I only peed!”” according to reports.

The officer then spoke with a man who was at the bus stop waiting to take a bus from the area. He said he watched the other man walk to a women’s restroom, drop his pants to his ankles and urinate against the outside door and wall. The man said he could clearly see the other man’s penis and genitals and felt victimized by his actions and wanted to pursue criminal charges against him.

The officer went to the women’s restroom and noticed a wet stain on the outside wall, door and cement walkway.

When the man saw the officer looking at the wet spot, he shouted, “”Yeah, that’s where I pissed!”” according to reports.

The officer spoke on the telephone with a woman who had left the area and did not wish to return. She said she was on a city bus just as it was preparing to stop at the bus stop. While she was sitting on the bus the man crawled up to her on his hands and knees. He then reached out and grabbed her ankles with his hands and pulled at them as if trying to separate her legs.

She then jumped up and immediately left the bus and departed the area. She later called the University of Arizona Police Department to report the incident.

She said she was not injured during the incident and thought the man might have been trying to look up her dress, but wasn’t sure because the incident happened quickly. She also said she wanted to pursue criminal charges on the man.

When the officer advised the man of his Miranda rights the man said, “”Fuck you, I aint saying shit. Maybe I’ll just get up and kick your ass,”” according to reports.

The officer then arrested the man. He was handcuffed, searched and transported to Pima County Jail, where he was booked.

When the officer served the man an exclusionary order and asked if he understood, the man said, “”I hear you, motherfucker, I ain’t dumb!”” according to reports.

Five individuals were seen riding bikes and performing tricks around the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, ððððð1130 N. Mountain Ave., Monday.

When the officer arrived he initiated contact with five individuals. A records check showed that one of the men had been previously warned for trespassing and performing bicycle motocross tricks.

When the man learned his bike was to be impounded, he began to yell profanities and throw his bike to the ground. He also threw his wallet against a wall of the building, scattering the majority of its contents on the floor around the wallet.

The man received a citation for trespassing. The other four were warned for trespassing.

A female student’s wallet was stolen from her purse on the third floor of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., Monday.

She said she left her wallet on the north side of the third floor plaza and when she returned two hours later the wallet and its contents were gone.

Nothing else from her purse was reported missing.

Her white Guess wallet contained an Arizona’s driver’s license, various ATM and credit cards, her CatCard, insurance cards, her Social Security card and $40 cash.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.