Homecoming: Meet the 2014 Homecoming court

Rebecca Noble

The 2014 homecoming court, from left to right, Chase Cromwell, Micah Montiel, Katie Henderson, Megan Neumayr, Molly Supple, Brittany Vogl and Rebecca Determan. Not pictured are Taylor Bradley, Will Byrne-Quinn and Troy Campbell.

The 2014 Homecoming court consists of five women, chosen by the Bobcats Senior Honorary, and five men, chosen by the Mortar Board Senior Honorary.

Why do you want to be Homecoming Queen?

Brittany Vogl is an elementary education senior. She is the vice president of Internal Affairs on the Panhellenic Council, a Campus Campaign Coordinator for Teach For America and a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority. Vogl is also involved with the Future Teachers Club, Best Buddies, the Honors College, intramural soccer, Rho Lambda and Young Life. Outside of school, Vogl spends every Sunday working in a church nursery.

“I think the Homecoming Queen should be someone who is poised and embodies the U of A spirit,” Vogl said. “I think I do that. I think I want to stay actively involved here at the U of A in the years to come. The Homecoming Queen, especially with this being the 100-year anniversary, is going to be someone who wants to come back and stay actively involved with Homecoming week and in other alumni traditions.”

Molly Supple is a senior studying psychology and thematic. She is a part of the TriCats triathlon team and a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma. A fun fact about Supple is that she used to work at Dirtbag’s.

“I would want to be Homecoming Queen because it’s just such an honor, especially for Homecoming 100,” Supple said. “It’s such a huge event, and I’m so honored to be a part of it. I’m so excited for this week; it’s already been so much fun getting to know all of these people. Representing the UA as Queen would just be icing on top of the cake.”

Katie Henderson is a senior studying family studies and human development. She is a fourth-year Arizona cheerleader and is part of Project Sunshine.

“I feel like I really just encompass what it truly means to be a Wildcat,” Henderson said. “I have a lot of dedication to this university. I’ve put a lot into what I do. I feel like I’m a familiar face around campus, and I really do all that I can to encourage and inspire not only the Tucson community, but U of A.”

Rebecca Determan is a senior studying neuroscience and cognitive science. She is a manager for Cheer and Mascots and is heavily involved in research at a Down syndrome research lab.

“The reason I want to be Homecoming Queen is because I think she represents U of A in the most well-rounded experience,” Determan said. “I wanted to be a role model, and I think I’ve done a lot here on campus, and I hope that I’m an inspiration to all the young women to do well and graduate.”

Megan Neumayr is a senior studying adolescents, community and education and English. She is the president of her sorority, Alpha Phi, and is a member of Future Teachers of America. She is excited about becoming a teacher with Teach For America next year.

“I’m just honored and excited to be on the court; it’s going to be an exciting week with all the festivities,” Neumayr said. “I think I would make a great Queen because I think I’m just a good representation of just an average U of A student, which I think the Queen should represent.”

Why do you want to be Homecoming King?

Taylor Bradley is a senior studying dance and business administration. He is in UA Dance Ensemble and is vice president of Programming and is a founding father for the UA Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity chapter. Last year, Bradley was in Chain Gang Junior Honorary and was treasurer for UA Dancers’ Consortium.

“I just love Arizona so much,” Bradley said. “Most of my friends can tell you that I own over two-thirds of the bookstore. I’m the biggest bear down nerd I know. I love this campus, I love the university, I love the athletic programs, I love all the opportunities to get involved. I would be so honored to be able to represent the university, and it would be such an incredible ending to the most perfect college experience.”

Chase Cromwell is a senior studying veterinary science and biochemistry. He is programming director for Spring Fling, a member of Sigma Chi fraternity and was president of the UA Chain Gang Junior Honorary club. He has worked at a veterinary clinic for two years as a technician and hopes to attend grad school.

“I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona, and my mom worked here for the optical sciences department,” Cromwell said. “I was born and raised as a Wildcat. I have had U of A clothing and been a U of A fan since birth. I was here on campus on the night that U of A won the national championship for basketball in 1997; I always knew I would end up here at the U of A. I would say that I embody what a Homecoming King should be: kind of a leader on campus with lots of involvement, leadership positions, great grades. So hopefully, all those things in one package are what the student body wants.”

Troy Campbell is a senior studying psychology, Spanish and film and television. He is vice president of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity and treasurer of the Business of Entertainment Club. Additionally, Campbell is a peer tutor for Italian, and he played club rugby and club tennis.

“I came from a really small high school,” Campbell said, “and we never really had Homecoming like this, so I’m really excited to finally have some school spirit and represent the students at the University of Arizona.”

Micah Montiel is a senior studying journalism, government and public policy. He was a reporter for the Daily Wildcat and is involved with AdvertCats, the Honors College, Pride Alliance and Student Alumni Ambassadors.

“I think that I represent the University of Arizona very well, because I’m a student who has really put myself out there and tried to show everybody that anything is possible,” Montiel said.

William Byrne-Quinn is a senior studying physiology and sports management. He is the Game Day Operations Director of ZonaZoo this year. Byrne-Quinn also volunteers in the emergency room at a local hospital.

“I’ve just been a Wildcat forever,” Byrne-Quinn said. “I was born a Wildcat; both my parents went here. I saw the Homecoming King be crowned when I was a kid and how cool that was. I want to be able to represent the school. It would be an honor, honestly.”