Date Book

Campus Eventes

• Spring Fling. UA students are volunteering to put on the largest student-run carnival in the nation. 4 p.m. to Midnight. Rillito Park, North First Avenue and East River Road
  • “”Talk of the Nation.”” The popular National Public Radio show “”Talk of the Nation”” with Neal Conan will be broadcasting at the UA today. This program is open to the public. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free. Stevie Eller Dance Theater
  • Interview workshop. Learn how to prepare yourself for interviews. Topics range from what questions to expect to professional dress and etiquette. 11:30 a.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Discussion. “”Intersections: Activism and Politics and the Workplace”” provides information regarding personal beliefs in the workplace. This discussion is hosted by the Social Justice Leadership Center. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Seminar. “”Nutrition, Reproduction and the Endocrine Regulation of Aging in Drosophila”” is presented by Marc Tatar of Brown University. 4 p.m. Free. Marley building, Room 230
  • Lecture. Jane M. Hutterly, executive vice president of worldwide corporate and environmental affairs for S.C. Johnson & Son Inc. will be on campus courtesy of the Eller College of Management. 5 p.m. Free. McClelland Hall, Berger Auditorium
  • Blood drive. A Red Cross blood drive will be held on campus. The event will be sponsored by GPSC. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Cherry Pullout
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery
  • Exhibit. The MFA Thesis Exhibition features artwork from 16 Master of Arts candidates from the UA’s School of Art. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Joseph Gross and Lionel Romach Galleries, The University of Arizona Museum of Art