“On the spot: Lena Wolfe, Optical engineering junior”

“”The Last Song”” hits theaters this weekend. How do you feel about Miley Cyrus playing the female lead? Do you think she is deserving of such a role?

I think she should stick to TV shows because she’s just, you know. I can only handle her for a half an hour at a time, not an hour and a half at a time. Plus, she’s still Disney. I can’t deal with her being in a love movie, especially since she’s dating the lead actor and they are all Titanic on it on the cover. I don’t know; she’s a great performer, but I think she should stick to touring with Disney and being on a TV series. If she wants to break out, I think she needs to get a little older first. 

Well, she is almost 18, but you have to admit, her boyfriend is pretty cute, right?

Yeah, from what I’ve seen of him he’s pretty sexy, but she looks like she’s still 15. And he looks like he’s 22. Yeah, not really working for me too much.

Yeah, that is a little weird. So, how do you feel about her recent appearance on American Idol? She apparently served as a coach, giving the contestants a few pointers.

American Idol has taken a turn for the worst. It is in the dumps. They got rid of Paula Abdul, and who do they replace her with? Miley Cyrus. I don’t know, I know she just came in for a little bit, but still. She is coaching people older than her. And probably a little more talented as well. She’s riding off daddy’s fame just a little bit. I mean, she’s talented, but she’s still so young to be coaching others. That’s just how I feel about it.

I guess I would have to agree, but at least Ellen DeGeneres is on the show, right?

Ellen Degeneres is my favorite. Probably the best reason to watch that show.

Yes. Hmmm, maybe Hollywood should put her in a movie instead.

Well, I would definitely see that over a Miley Cyrus one.  

— Dallas Williamson