Police Beat

A man was arrested for loitering at Hillenbrand Memorial Stadium, 1700 E. Second St., after police found him lying on the ground outside the stadium at 10:57 p.m. Wednesday.

The man identified himself to the officer and, while the man was speaking, the officer noticed his eyes were red, watery and bloodshot, and his words were extremely slurred. A records check showed that the man was cited for drinking alcohol in public and released at 10:02 that night.

The man was told at that time to stay off UA property. He had also been warned on a previous occasion about trespassing.

The officer served the man with a 6-month exclusionary order and arrested him for loitering on campus after being requested to leave.

The man was booked into Pima County Jail.

Two UA employees were caught drawing chalk graffiti on the walls of the Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, at 10:26 p.m. Wednesday.

An officer saw the two men at the top level of the garage drawing on the concrete divider that separates the recently constructed portion of the garage from the existing portion. When the men saw the officer approaching, they immediately stopped and began walking slowly away from the officer.

Both men denied having any identification on them. They said they worked concessions for the UA and had just been working at a basketball game.

The men said they were not doing any harm to the wall, and that all their graffiti would wash off in the rain. They denied being involved with any other graffiti incidents.

Some of the their graffiti read “”ANK,”” Alone,”” “”HERS,”” “”MEOW”” and “”Aerosol Ninja Krew,”” according to reports.

Three men were arrested for marijuana possession near Villa del Puente Residence Hall, 575 N. Highland Ave., at 7:13 p.m. Wednesday.

A few minutes earlier, a police aide informed officers that there were three men smoking marijuana on the benches at the “”fishbowl”” near the residence hall, according to reports. The officers found the men at the intersection of East Fourth Street and North Highland Avenue.

An officer asked one of the men where the pipe and marijuana were located. The man pulled out 3.6 grams of marijuana from the left breast pocket of his T-shirt and a black-and-blue-colored pipe from his jeans pocket.

The man claimed ownership of the pipe and the marijuana. He said he “”took a hit from the pipe”” and that he took only “”one hit,”” because “”you can see that only the top is burnt,”” according to reports.

He added that when he was smoking at the fishbowl, one of the other men said, “”Be chill. There is a cop over there,”” according to reports.

The two men admitted to taking a couple hits from their friend’s pipe.

The police aide returned to the fishbowl and found a plastic baggie containing marijuana residue and a green case, possibly for eyeglasses, also carrying marijuana residue.

All three men were cited for possession of marijuana and released.

The first man was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

A woman reported that a homeless man grabbed her arm and demanded money from her at the Social Sciences building, 1145 E. South Campus Drive, at around 2 p.m. Wednesday.

An officer on patrol near the area found a man matching the description of the homeless man and stopped him. The man identified himself and admitted he had been walking around campus asking for money but denied grabbing anyone by the arm.

The officer tried to get in contact with the woman, but she did not return his calls.

The man was released but told he could be arrested later for assault if the woman wanted to be identified as a victim.

Someone stole an automated external defibrillator from Sancet Field, 640 N. National Championship Drive, sometime over the weekend of Nov. 3.

A man reported the theft of a Medtronic Lifepak 500 on Nov. 21.

He said the device was kept in the home dugout and attached to a wall. He added that the gate to the field was left unlocked, and the device was not locked to the rack.

The man had no suspects but said a similar theft occurred in April at Hillenbrand Stadium.

The defibrillator was valued at $2,500.

Two students were cited for underage drinking and another student for trespassing in the Highland Tunnel at North Highland Avenue and East First Street, at 2:10 a.m. Wednesday.

An officer saw a woman walking in the tunnel with her arms crossed and walking away from a man. A second man appeared out of the darkness.

The first man told the officer he had drank four or five Samuel Adams Light beers and that he left a party with the other man.

He added that they were going to explore the UA’s underground service tunnels.

The woman said she had drank one and a half Keystone Light beers at a party at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house, 1420 N. Vine Ave., but left the party by herself after she became “”surrounded by drunk people,”” according to reports. She saw the two men in the tunnel and asked them to walk her home.

The second man said he had been in the service tunnels under a manhole when the officer arrived. He said he knew that he was not supposed to be down there but that he was curious.

All three individuals were diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.