Police Beat

Six men were warned for trespassing at McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., at 10:12 a.m. July 2.

An administrative associate for McClelland Hall reported to police that the men were skating and loitering around the steps of McClelland Hall.

Police arrived to see two skateboarders at the top of the steps of McClelland Hall who appeared prepared to jump down the stairs on their skateboards. Another man had just launched himself from the top of the stairs. The others were loitering on the north side of Park Avenue Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave.

Police explained to the six men, ages 17 to 28, why “”hot-dogging,”” or performing stunts, is prohibited by the Arizona Board of Regents.

The men were warned for trespassing and violation of prohibited actions.

The Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house, 1449 N. Cherry Ave., was vandalized during the night of July 1.

A fraternity member called police to report recurring criminal damage.

On June 22, unknown persons entered the fraternity during the night, sprayed the communal fire extinguisher on several doors and took the extinguisher with them. The incident was not reported at the time.

During the night of July 1, unknown persons drove onto the front lawn, broke two sprinkler heads, disconnected the light bulbs in the main hall and sprayed more fire extinguisher discharge in the fraternity house. The persons then left the missing fire extinguisher in the courtyard. A door to a room inside the house was kicked open, although nothing was missing.

There were no signs of forced entry during either of the incidents.

Police have no suspects.

A man was served an exclusionary order from the UA at 2:50 p.m. June 30.

An officer on patrol noticed a man holding a 40-ounce beer and sitting against the east side of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority house, 1775 E. First St.

The officer made contact with the man, with whom he had previous contact for liquor and vagrancy calls.

The man, 26, had been cited and released for drinking in public earlier that same day near the FIJI House, 1801 E. First St. He had also been warned for trespassing at that time.

A records check showed that the man had contact with UAPD three times in the past month.

Based on the number of recent incidents, the man was served an exclusionary order from the university for a period of six months.

Two UA students were caught smoking marijuana in the Second Street Garage, 1340 E. Second St., at 3:09 p.m. June 28.

An officer conducting a security check of the garage observed two men sitting on the ground with their backs against the wall on the top level of the garage. The officer could see that one of the men had a hand-rolled cigarette in his hand. As he approached the men in his police car, the officer could smell marijuana.

The officer exited his vehicle and asked the two men what they were doing. The man with the rolled cigarette in his hand replied, “”We’re just taking a break from studying.””

The men, both 20 years old, admitted they were smoking marijuana and handed the cigarette to the officer.

The officer put out the cigarette and partially opened it. Inside was a combination of marijuana and tobacco.

The two men agreed to have their backpacks searched and no other illegal items were found.

The students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for use and possession of marijuana.