The El Jefe Cat Lounge

The El Jefe Cat Lounge, on 3025 N. Campbell Ave., started in Tucson in Nov. 19, with Tiffany Lee as the owner. Lee is an entrepreneur that has had multiple businesses in the past but recently felt the need to have something of a “moral value.” She enjoys helping the cats find their forever home. Finally, My Forever Home is a rescue in Tucson that supplies El Jefe with its residents and keeps its average population around 35 cats. The cafe is named Jefe after a local middle school named a roaming jaguar that was spotted in the Santa Rita Mountains. They named him “El Jefe,” which is Spanish for boss or chief. At this time, the cafe is three adoptions away from 400 total adoptions. Lee says, “it’s a big sense of satisfaction.” Recently, Lee has been working on an expansion for the cafe. She wants to transition it into a cafe with its own brand of coffee. The finished product of the expansion is still undetermined, as Lee has just recently started the transition. The El Jefe Cat Lounge is not a shelter or rescue, which means they cannot take cats but would like you to visit TucsonFeralCats.org for community resources. You can find more information about the El Jefe Cat Lounge on their website.