REVIEW: Destination Tucson: Bison Witches

Gracie Kayko
Bison Witches is located in Downtown Tucson on Fourth Avenue. The restaurant is a bar and deli.

Downtown Tucson is home to many bars that serve not just alcohol but food as well, best to be enjoyed together. Bison Witches is one of these, located between Silver Sea Jewelry and the Rustic Candle Company at 326 N 4th Ave

I went during their less busy hours, around 4 p.m., but the deli is open from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. every day, with takeout available from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bison Witches serves sandwiches, soups, salads and appetizers. But they also offer a variety of alcohol, including beer on tap or canned. There are also daily specials that are offered for both food and alcohol. 

Depending on the day, they also show certain sports games. Granted, I went in on a Wednesday, so they were using their TV to show “The Parent Trap” (the Lindsay Lohan version). They also let you pick where you sit. 

As soon as I sat down, a waitress was ready to take my order. I ordered a Shirley Temple and looked over the menu. I ended up ordering the cream of potato bacon soup, which is served in a sourdough bread bowl. For my side, I chose the salt and vinegar chips. 

Not even 5 minutes later, my waitress brought out my soup, piping hot and fresh in its bread bowl. It was delicious and soothing — plus, paired with crispy chips, it was a match made in heaven. The soup itself had a few chunks of potato, but overall, it was creamy and flavorful. The tang of the salt and vinegar chips also allowed for a nice flavor change every now and then. Combined with a Shirley Temple made with the correct ratio of grenadine, soda and cherries, the meal was absolutely delicious.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter (X)