Four of Wands hosts markets in celebration of the moon

Danielle Main
Four of Wands hosts their third Moon Market on Saturday, Nov. 11, at Four of Wands. Small businesses, astrologers, tarot card readers and more were involved in the event.

Tarot card readers, astrologists and local vendors come together to celebrate the full moon at Four of Wands

The Moon Market is held twice a month and hosted by Four of Wands at 4349 E. Broadway Blvd. Four of Wands is a branch of Spark Project Collective, a nonprofit tattoo and piercing shop. 

The markets follow the astrological calendar and celebrate the start of the new season as well as the full moon.

The last Moon Market was held on Nov. 11 and celebrated the start of Scorpio season, with various vendors and flash tattoos from Spark Project Collective artists. 

The Moon Market first started around May of last year and has become a big hit with the metaphysical and occult community, according to event coordinator Karina Velarde

“We strive to create a community that feels like home, we don’t want customers to feel like customers but like friends,” Velarde said. 

Some vendors from the market first started as customers, and with the help of other vendors they were able to open their business. 

Claire Vonian started to attend the Moon Markets when they first opened and built close connections with vendors. Inspired by the market and vendors, she decided to start her own business, Clairevoyant Jewels

Vonian said she does “a little bit of everything” since she makes handmade wire wrapped crystal jewelry, candles, soaps and does tarot card readings. 

“Coming to the moon market regulatory gave me the aspiration to work on my business. Within nine months, I grew my collection and assortment of crafts,” Vonian said. 

A local crochet business is set up at the Moon Market at Four of Wands on Saturday, Nov. 11. Artists and metaphysical businesses attended. (Danielle Main)

The Moon Market follows Spark Project’s motto “We are the project,” which gives vendors a platform to grow their business and giving back to the Tucson community. 

Instead of paying vendor fees, like some other markets, the vendors donate 30% of their earnings from the Moon Market to an organization chosen by the Four of Wands. 

The market also has a variety of free mini-classes attendees are able to take, some of which include the basics of palmistry and wet specimen education. 

Vendor and teacher Shadow Banshee is a 3rd generation intuitive. She read her first palm at the age of 12 and loved the feeling of human connection it brought, she said. 

“Everyone’s hand is a really cool unique print of who they are and where they are on their journey. We walk around with all this information and we don’t even know it,” Banshee said.

The next two Moon Markets will be held on Nov. 24, which will celebrate the full moon in Gemini from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Dec. 9, which will celebrate Sagittarius season.

To find more information on the Moon Market, including future events, check sparkprojectcollective.com/events.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter (X)