Hangover helpers

Tyler Besh
    Tyler Besh/ Arizona Daily Wildcat Cafe, beergarden and lounge, Cafe Passe, located on 4th avenue.

The morning after Halloween can be just as scary as “Paranormal Activity,” due to your raging headache and extreme dehydration. You’ll find yourself in your bed — or potentially someone else’s — with the hangover from hell, attempting to make sense of the night before. As Halloweekend is upon us, know which eateries to hit to make your ride on the struggle bus a little more bearable.

Café Passé / $

With an extensive menu of breakfast and lunch items, Café Passé provides all the right nutrients for your aching body. Load up on the carbs you need with any of their light breakfast items, like eggs and a bagel, or eat away your hangover with any of their sandwiches.

The added benefit of Café Passé is the peaceful environment. Don’t worry about avoiding loud noises or bright lights here — Café Passé has a quiet, shaded area in the back complete with a small fountain and plenty of places to hide out.

Starbucks / $

If you’re barely able to make it out of bed, let alone get in your car and drive, you can find solace in any of the three Starbucks locations near campus. Starbucks is primarily known for its coffee, but try a Valencia Orange Refresher and an artisan breakfast sandwich with sausage, egg and cheese. All of the Starbucks refreshers have plenty of iced water with a sweet, fruity taste. Balance out the sugar in the drink with a breakfast sandwich loaded with carbs and calories. Not a fan of breakfast sandwiches? Try the spinach and feta wrap for the same amount of sustenance.

Blue Willow / $$

Located right by campus, Blue Willow is the quintessential breakfast spot for college students. Dine at Blue Willow if you’re hungry and hungover and in need of all things savory and scrambled. The chorizo scramble is a house favorite. Chorizo is mixed in with scrambled eggs and tomato sauce, with a choice of fried potatoes or toast. Any of the breakfast items on Blue Willow’s menu will put you into a food coma long enough to sleep off that hangover.

Cup Café / $$

Hotel Congress is the perfect place for drinking, sleeping and eating. Drink a little too much at this downtown mainstay on Halloween night, then find yourself at the hotel’s eatery, Cup Café, in the morning. Postpone your hangover by having a Bloody Mary or mimosa, or try to reason with it over a make-your-own omelet you can add anything and everything to.

In addition to the Congressional Omelet Bar, Cup Café also offers a Gunpowder dish that is both hardy and down-home, with potatoes, cheese and chorizo topped with two eggs. Add avocado for extra nutrients and find yourself slowly recovering from your Halloweekend.

Follow Amy Johnson @Amy_Jhnsn