Police Beat: April 26

Lonely marijuana found on 4/20

A bag of marijuana was found without an owner on April 20.

At 12:44 p.m., a University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to Sky View Apartments.

The desk assistant said that she received the small plastic bag from an anonymous resident who said they found it on the floor.

The bag contained a green leafy substance that smelled like “”freshly cultivated marijuana,”” according to the officer.

The marijuana was placed into UAPD property for destruction and no additional evidence was found on scene.

F*ck you very, very much

A non-UA affiliated man yelling profanities at a computer was asked to leave the ILC on April 20.

At 7:25 p.m., a UAPD officer met with a library employee, in the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center.

The employee told the officer that the man in question yelled, “”Fuck you!”” at his computer, causing other students and ILC patrons to feel uncomfortable.

After being told to quiet down, the man left the area.

The employee also told the officer that she did not have the authority to request that the man not be allowed back in the library, but said that she would speak to her manager.

Shortly afterward, the officer located the disruptive man and told him to use the library in a manner that wasn’t disturbing to others.

The officer also warned the man that if he were to create future incidents, UAPD would exclude him from the library or other parts of the UA campus.

The man said he understood and left the area.

Thief could really use some change

A female UA student’s car was broken into on April 18.

At around 2 p.m., the student returned to her car, parked in the Helen Street parking lot, and saw a man leaning against her car.

As she approached, he walked away from the vehicle without noticing her.

Because she did not initially notice anything missing or any damage to her vehicle, the student did not report the suspicious activity.

However, upon further inspection that night, the student noticed a bag containing about $15-$20 in coins was missing from her vehicle.

She reported the missing change to UAPD on April 19, the following day, at 12:14 p.m., but did not wish to prosecute the thief if caught.