Police Beat

An unknown person smashed the window of a truck parked at a Zone 1 parking lot, 421 N. Cherry Ave., at 7:52 p.m. Nov. 14, reports stated.

A witness called police when he heard the glass of the truck’s window break and saw a male subject take off in another vehicle. The man said he was walking through the parking lot when he heard the sound of glass being smashed. He said when the subject saw him emerge from between two other cars, the man jumped into another truck with someone in the driver’s seat.

The witness was not able to give police the license plate number of the truck and said he would not be able to recognize the man if he saw him again. He provided police with a brief description of what the man was wearing.

The owner of the truck met police at the scene and confirmed that nothing was missing from the truck. But the plastic housing around the climate control and stereo had been slightly moved.

There was no usable evidence found by police.

Ten lug nuts were taken off a car parked in a Zone 1 parking lot, 1600 E. First St., between 5:30 p.m. Nov. 9 and 11 p.m. Nov. 14, reports stated.

When police arrived, the two cinder blocks that had been used to support the car were still underneath and all the tires were still on. Police determined that the person or persons attempting to steal the wheels off the car had been interrupted. The wheel wells and hub caps may have been wiped down because police could not pull prints from them.

There was no other damage done to the car. The owner called AAA to repair the lug nuts.

There are no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested outside of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., on multiple warrants and booked into Pima County Jail at 12:22 a.m. Nov. 15, reports stated.

A resident assistant called the police after seeing the man near the bike racks. The resident assistant said the man appeared to be on drugs.

When police arrived, the man was sitting on a planter. As police approached, the man asked them what time it was. He said he had plans to meet a “”hot chick”” who lived in Coronado at midnight. The man would not tell police how he and the woman met but told them her first name. He told police she probably was not going to show.

Police noticed the man’s eyes were bloodshot, and he had several bruises on his face and had dirty clothing on.

Dispatch advised the investigating officers the man had warrants in Tucson and Marana and had previous incidents of misconduct with a weapon. The man gave police the knife he was carrying.

Inside the man’s backpack were large pliers, screw drivers, a hex set, diamond files and a vehicle tire jack. The man said he used the contents to work on his bike. Police determined that the items were consistent with tools used for stealing bicycles. Tire jacks can be used to bend a U-lock apart.

The man was arrested for criminal trespassing and told not to return to the UA campus.

Police transported the man to Pima County Jail.

A gym bag was found on the third level of the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., at 2:10 a.m. Nov. 16, reports stated.

The red and black bag contained a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and hiking boots. The initials JRW were the only identifying marks on the bag.

The bag had been propped against a wall and did not appear as though someone had dropped it by accident.

The bag was placed into property for safekeeping.

A UofA Bookstore employee reported that a man was harassing her at work after he left her a gift Nov. 16, reports stated.

The woman said that the gift, a dream catcher with a phone number attached to it, frightened her. She said the man had come into the bookstore a few times to talk to her.

Police called the number that was given to the woman. The man who answered agreed to meet with police for an interview.

The man said he had spoken to the woman a couple of times and gave her the dream catcher as a “”good luck”” gift. Police advised the man that it made the woman feel uncomfortable and that he should not try to contact the woman. If he did try to speak with the woman again he could be banned from the bookstore.

The man said he was very sorry and did not mean to frighten the woman. He told police he would not contact her again.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.