Police Beat

A student was booked into Pima County Jail for trespassing and six others were cited for minor in possession of alcohol Sunday night after a resident assistant reported hearing loud noises coming from a room in Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., reports stated.

The RA told police she heard someone breaking things outside her room around 10:45 p.m. When she looked outside her room, she noticed five ceiling panels had been damaged, reports stated.

The RA heard loud noises coming from a nearby room and told police she thought someone in the room was involved in the damage.

Police knocked on the door and could hear several people running around inside, reports stated.

Police could feel someone inside the room leaning against the door and asked them to open it, reports stated.

The student looked at police and asked what they wanted, reports stated. Police noticed beer cans all over the floor and kitchen table.

Police saw another subject go into the back room and requested he come back into the main room, reports stated.

Police searched the house and found two subjects hiding in a closet, reports stated.

Police asked another student for his driver’s license and the student said he had already given it to them, reports stated. Police told the student they did not have his driver’s license.

The student told police he had not been drinking alcohol and therefore should not get cited for MIP. Police told the student there was an odor of alcohol coming from his mouth.

All eight students were under the age of 21 and six of them admitted to drinking alcohol, reports stated. Police cited the students for MIPs and told them they were free to go, reports stated.

As everyone was exiting the room, the male student told police they had not returned his driver’s license. Police told the student he had never given them his driver’s license.

The student told police he wanted his driver’s license back, reports stated.

Police told the student they did not have it and the student began to argue, reports stated. Police told the student to check his wallet.

The student became irate and kept saying the police had his driver’s license, reports stated. Again, police told the student to check his wallet and the student refused.

Police told the student if he could not prove the driver’s license wasn’t in his wallet, there was no way of helping him.

The student finally pulled out his wallet, and without opening it took out a credit card, saying his driver’s license was not inside, reports stated.

Police told the student he was hindering the investigation and he needed to leave the area or he would be arrested for trespassing. The student argued with police and left after a few minutes, reports stated.

While standing in the hallway about 15 minutes later, police saw the male student at the other end of the hall, reports stated. The student began walking towards police and was told he wasn’t supposed to be there, reports stated.

The student said he was waiting for a friend to bring his keys, reports stated.

Police told the student to leave the area several times and the student refused, reports stated.

Police placed the student in handcuffs and, while searching the student, found his keys in his pocket and his driver’s license in his wallet, reports stated.

A student was cited for MIP of alcohol at 11:40 p.m. Saturday outside Coronado Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., after police saw the student carrying a wine bottle, reports stated.

When the student saw the patrol vehicle, he placed the bottle on the ground and started to walk away, reports stated.

Police approached the student and told him to stop, reports stated. The student continued walking away.

Police told him to stop again and the student walked back to police, reports stated.

The student admitted the bottle was his and told police he was going to a party on East Sixth Street.

The student was cited and released, reports stated.

A man was warned for trespassing at 1:55 p.m. Saturday after police observed him doing skateboard tricks on the corner of East Fourth and North Park avenues, reports stated.

The man had not been warned by police in the past, reports stated.

Police informed the man of UA policy, reports stated.

Someone took a $19 red, white and blue UA jacket from Hillenbrand Stadium, 1700 E. Second St., sometime between noon and 2 p.m. Saturday, reports stated.

A student told police she had forgotten to take the jacket after her softball game.

Police walked with the student in order to search for the jacket but were unable to locate it, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.